Quantcast

Just wanted to say thanks E-13!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
My new Giant Trance frame came in and I was getting ready to build it up and realized I didn’t have a BB mount for my LG1 Chain guide. I called E-13 up to see if they knew anyone that may have that part in stock. They just hooked me up with the part and told me they would send one out to me. Now that is what I call customer service and taken care of their customers. I just wanted to give them “Props” for being such a cool company. Thanks E-13!!!!

Cecil

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
e13 just embarrasses many other companies out there with thier level of service. And thats across many industries too. Just so damn good its silly.

Then you have the fact that thier stuff works so well on top of that....damn.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
E13 is awesome !! Spend several hours e-mailing back and forth in order to make my SRS fit the Karpiel...always got answers within a few minutes !! Awesome !!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I Totally give HUGE Props to E.13 THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!
They hooked my Team up huge for 2006 and I hope we can keep them for 2007! TOBLER you are the man!

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
glad you guys think they're ok - must be a local thing. I couldn't tighten my e13 stem onto an azonic bar (evidently the bar clamp area is to narrow). When i asked them about it the guy suggested i try another bar! For such an expensive product you think they could have made a bit of space between the clamps like every other 2 bit stem out there. So i'm left with a stem i had to file down. :disgust:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
glad you guys think they're ok - must be a local thing. I couldn't tighten my e13 stem onto an azonic bar (evidently the bar clamp area is to narrow). When i asked them about it the guy suggested i try another bar! For such an expensive product you think they could have made a bit of space between the clamps like every other 2 bit stem out there. So i'm left with a stem i had to file down. :disgust:
A local thing ??? As far as the US and EU are "local", then yes.....:clue:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
yup... in all my dealings w/ e13... they've been excellent!

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
That is Azonic's problem for making the bars too thick. That has nothing to do with E13. If they made the stem wide enough to fit your bars then everyone else's would just wobble around in the stem. It's Azonic's screw up so why are you blaming E13?

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
He told you to do take the most cost effective solution. I don't know what it looks like in your currency but to me it's a no brainer.

If the question is - "Do I modify the £75 stem and make it incompatible with anything else in the future or ditch the 2nd hand, worth maybe £20 tops bars and get something that will fit?"

The answer is - "Buy some new bars." :brow:

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
He told you to do take the most cost effective solution. I don't know what it looks like in your currency but to me it's a no brainer.

If the question is - "Do I modify the £75 stem and make it incompatible with anything else in the future or ditch the 2nd hand, worth maybe £20 tops bars and get something that will fit?"

The answer is - "Buy some new bars." :brow:
Well to me that just doesn't seem right. Where in the marketing does it say you cant run this XXX bar with this stem. Why should i have to go and buy another bar as part of the deal? I love the sweep of Azonics and don't want anything else - why should i? Also they are $100 NZ for an Azonic.
The thing i dont get is every other stem out there works ok.
The file did the trick but poor design in my book.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Well to me that just doesn't seem right. Where in the marketing does it say you cant run this XXX bar with this stem. Why should i have to go and buy another bar as part of the deal? I love the sweep of Azonics and don't want anything else - why should i? Also they are $100 NZ for an Azonic.
The thing i dont get is every other stem out there works ok.
The file did the trick but poor design in my book.
Ya sure, it's e.13's fault that azonic makes crappy bars. Funny how all other bars work with it....

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
For such an expensive product you think they could have made a bit of space between the clamps like every other 2 bit stem out there.
it's not "every other 2 bit stem" and that's why it's designed with a big spread between clamps....because it has all that space it allows them to use less material and space each piece farther apart to increase stiffness while decreasing weight and increasing strength......get a better bar before you go filing away at a perfectly refined product

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
it's not "every other 2 bit stem" and that's why it's designed with a big spread between clamps....because it has all that space it allows them to use less material and space each piece farther apart to increase stiffness while decreasing weight and increasing strength......get a better bar before you go filing away at a perfectly refined product
What other bar has the SAME sweep/feel? Just asking cause i honestly have never found one.

i mean 'a bit of space' radius wise, not width ways between clamps. ie the clamps meet before tightening on the bar.
I would have gone back to my thomson elite but had already cut down the steerer. :banghead:

Anyway sorry guys - obviously i've bumped into the e13 board or something.
carry on...

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Hi Kram,
If you give the office a call tomorrow, or even an email, we'd be happy to get the stem back and take a look at it for you. If it is defective then we'll get a new one out to you pronto.
Please don't feel like you can't express an opinion, even if it's not a popular one. Opinions are what forums are for. If something doesn't work, isn't compatible, or is straight-up defective we want to know qabout it. e.thirteen products would never be where it's at today without feedback from riders - positive or negative.

office: 978.537.9313
email: jonasm@e13components.com

Thanks man!
-J

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Jonas, thats why you do tech support, and I just complain about things online.

Kram, quit being a princess. Grind the damn stem down if you have to, or send it back. Its obviously an issue with the bar, since the stems fit most other stems on the market. I love azonic bars too, but if it don't fit it don't fit. Does the bulge in the bar end or start to end before the stem clamps on?

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Ya sure, it's e.13's fault that azonic makes crappy bars. Funny how all other bars work with it....
I had the exact same thing happen with my e-13 stem and I'm running easton bars. Explain that smart ass. Really, don't infer someone is dumb just because they have a problem, it makes you look stupid.

I bought the e-13 stem as I have been very impressed with other products of theirs I've owned, I tightened the clamps right down as far as they would go (fully closed - I assumed this was e-13 machining brilliance to prevent overtightening the bars - my mistake) the bars seemed solid so I went riding. No problems at first everything felt good untill later in the day hitting some 50ft doubles at the bottom of the track I was riding, overshooting the landing a little the bars fully twisted in the clamps on landing, I shat myself!!! Luckily I rode it out but seriously I could have been badly injured.

Instead of filing down my expensive new stem I put an extra shim in there and its been fine since but this is not what I expect to have to do to get a safe interface between my bars and stem!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I had the exact same thing happen with my e-13 stem and I'm running easton bars. Explain that smart ass. Really, don't infer someone is dumb just because they have a problem, it makes you look stupid.

I bought the e-13 stem as I have been very impressed with other products of theirs I've owned, I tightened the clamps right down as far as they would go (fully closed - I assumed this was e-13 machining brilliance to prevent overtightening the bars - my mistake) the bars seemed solid so I went riding. No problems at first everything felt good untill later in the day hitting some 50ft doubles at the bottom of the track I was riding, overshooting the landing a little the bars fully twisted in the clamps on landing, I shat myself!!! Luckily I rode it out but seriously I could have been badly injured.

Instead of filing down my expensive new stem I put an extra shim in there and its been fine since but this is not what I expect to have to do to get a safe interface between my bars and stem!
I have run easton bars without a problem. I have also run truvativ, azonic (regular size), titec and a few others.

edit: Just to be clear, I have to do this as I have really bad wrist issues since destroying it, and am trying to find a comfortable sweep.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
What other bar has the SAME sweep/feel? Just asking cause i honestly have never found one.

i mean 'a bit of space' radius wise, not width ways between clamps. ie the clamps meet before tightening on the bar.
I would have gone back to my thomson elite but had already cut down the steerer. :banghead:

Anyway sorry guys - obviously i've bumped into the e13 board or something.
carry on...
Hey Kram,

1st thing - what Jonas already said above. If you feel you have a product that has a manufacturing error in it then please contact us at the office at 978.537.9313 or email at support@e13components.com to set up an RA#.

2nd thing - I ran into something similar at Mont Saint Anne. The World Cup mechanic asked me about the stem and I told him to swap handle bars. Sure enough, I saw first hand 2 of the same model handlebars that had 2 different OD clamp measurements. The WC mechanic was surprised. The rider ripped it up all season with no issues once he had the correct OD bar on the stem.

Thanks and happy trails!

Michael

e.thirteen / Evil