Quantcast

Just wanted to say....

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
for those who do the 24 hr Solo events..

YOU PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!

lots of respect to y'all...but it's plain nuts..:D ;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Team Big Bear has a 12 hours of DH solo category this year. I think you should do it. Or should I?:rolleyes: :D :p

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Heidi
Team Big Bear has a 12 hours of DH solo category this year. I think you should do it. Or should I?:rolleyes: :D :p
seriously thinking about it..fitness pending... I need to broaden my cycling horizon, I mean if I can't handle the mental boredom of road riding, 12hr endurance race should be fun.. Kinda like DHilling, you're on your own and whatever you do wrong, it's almost always your fault..

Just don't laugh when I force myself to wear lycra...ugh..the thought..!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Orven

seriously thinking about it..fitness pending... I need to broaden my cycling horizon, I mean if I can't handle the mental boredom of road riding, 12hr endurance race should be fun.. Kinda like DHilling, you're on your own and whatever you do wrong, it's almost always your fault..

Just don't laugh when I force myself to wear lycra...ugh..the thought..!!
No, this is DH for 12 hours solo. You take the lift up, you race down, take the lift up, race down...repeat for 12 hours.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.

If you can live thru that many, seems pretty grueling to me.
not sure about the competition atmosphere..but I do this kind of thing every summer weekends...start riding at 9 till 4 only stopping for lunch... and no arm pumps..

so Heidi, TEAM???

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Orven

not sure about the competition atmosphere..but I do this kind of thing every summer weekends...start riding at 9 till 4 only stopping for lunch... and no arm pumps..

so Heidi, TEAM???
That's only 7 hours, 5 more to go!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i want to do a 24 hour race solo, but it's not gonna quite fit into the type of racing i would be doing when it rolls in to conyers this year. oh well maybe next year.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by indieboy
i want to do a 24 hour race solo, but it's not gonna quite fit into the type of racing i would be doing when it rolls in to conyers this year. oh well maybe next year.
Make it fit, I do.:D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
cyclocross season is more important to me. and w/ cyclocross, it's STUPID do go out and do 6-10 hour rides during that season b/c it's A. useless B. did enough base through winter and early spring, it would pretty much do more damage then good to my goals for cross season.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
cyclocross season is more important to me. and w/ cyclocross, it's STUPID do go out and do 6-10 hour rides during that season b/c it's A. useless B. did enough base through winter and early spring, it would pretty much do more damage then good to my goals for cross season.
I never got into cyclocross, not my thang. i like the endurance races more.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta

I never got into cyclocross, not my thang. i like the endurance races more.
i'm into alot of different forms of racing, however i do best at short intense races like short track events and crits, so cross fits right up my alley.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

i'm into alot of different forms of racing, however i do best at short intense races like short track events and crits, so cross fits right up my alley.
I'm the exact opposite.