Quantcast

Just when I thought something with the ex vould not mess with me.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just got a phone call, she has just been admitted to the hospital. Seems the doctors are of the belief that she has come full swing with cancer again, either uturan or kidney. She is sitting there right now with multiple IV's and they are prepping her for ultrasound and MRI.

I know she is not my favorite person in the world and I just want her behind me in my life, at the same time contrary to popular belief I am not completely heartless, This will be a second time she has been found to have a very aggressive cancer, and I already know her thoughts on it, she will not fight it if this is what it is....... This is no way for someone to go.

Just ****s my head up, not what I needed right now. I am waiting to hear from her Brother n law as to the results and go from there.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I know its cold, but I'd suggest staying away.

You got out for a reason, right? Remember that reason. Beyond that, you're not a doctor. You can't cure what's wrong with her, and if you get involved again at this point you're not going to get out of things unschathed.

My ex was fond of trying to create drama. Noting as nasty as cancer, but none the less the sort of things just to suck you back in. Maintain objective distance, you'll thank yourself later.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Oh trust me I am not getting re-involved. At most I would go to tell her I understand she is not going to fight it, wish her best in the battle ahead and leave on a good note instead of the anger we have left it on as of now. Its actually pretty selfish of me, it would be to clear my head over everything. I already know I did everything I could to save the marriage, but the last time we did speak it was not pretty, and I am not proud of the way I left. I would not be willing to be there to see her go through this, with the things she said and did, she is in fact on her own.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
^^^ this ... but do so in such a way as to maintain as much physical and emotional distance as you can. Never forget there was a reason things ended the way they did.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I'm going the opposite way of everyone. You fell in love with her for a reason, Forget about the bad! someone's daughter/ sister/ cousin etc has cancer and could die soon.

Karma is a bitch don't let it get you!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I left because she tried to kill me essentially....... she is nuts, I am tired of being abused in emotional ways, Yes I still care, yes I still love her and do not want her to end up going through this, rest assured she is going through it alone though....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sometimes life isn't just about us, we can't divorce ourselves from our past. If she needs your support you will be better man for giving it. You didn't create this situation but you may have the ability to to provide support if she needs you to. At any rate my thoughts are with both of you, its its not going to be easy.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Sometimes life isn't just about us, we can't divorce ourselves from our past. If she needs your support you will be better man for giving it. You didn't create this situation but you may have the ability to to provide support if she needs you to. At any rate my thoughts are with both of you, its its not going to be easy.
Pretty much how I see it, I do not wish her harm, or anything negative.....I will be the better man, but at the same time i have to be my priority, I can offer support, but I have to keep the physical and emotional distance....... Still hit me pretty hard to get the news, I have had enough people I know already die for stupid reasons, unwanted health problems, and war..... Enough is enough for awhile.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'll be the asshole. Send her a dime bag of the finest kush you can find and wish her all that life has left for her.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I'll be the asshole. Send her a dime bag of the finest kush you can find and wish her all that life has left for her.
Sending a dime bag of good stuff is being an asshole? I am so behind the curve...

Do what feels right to you DM. We are all idiots here, we know not of your troubles with or true feelings for her. Only you do.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
**** man, my wife is currently fighting cancer. She has one round of chemo left and then we wait and see... It is very hard to be there 100% of the time, it weighs me down and I feel helpless. What my wife needs is love and support, mostly understanding really. There is no way I can be in her shoes and feel all the crap happening in her body.

Your situation is different than mine. Your not invested in her anymore - at least not formally. Does she want you around? What would your roll be? I am sure she has family who will take care of her. Sounds like you have a good idea of what you need and how to tip-toe through this without getting dragged in.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
It is in her Kidneys, as to is being lethal or not is yet to be known, looks like it could be a benign tumor that is actually blocking blood flow to the kidney's.....

So its not something she is doing to draw attention or draw me in, its very serious...... I sent her an email saying I am very sorry and that I would pray for her etc etc...... her response was Fvck off......

My conscience is clear

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sometimes I think karma works. Not all the time mind you, but sometimes the right people get cancer. Years back my ex-mother-in-law got bilateral breast cancer, and she was a huge, flaming, ultra manipulative cunt of Jan Brewer proportions.

When she had to go back for a second round of treatment, right as things were wrapping up in my marriage, I looked her dead in the eye and told her "looks like god's going to get a second shot at you, bitch. Hope you enjoy hell."

She didn't die, but it puts a smile on my face that she endured that much pain to be alone, miserable, and still manipulating her family.

Long story short, your hands are clean, so dance on down the road with a bounce in your step. Karma is doing you a solid.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
We're all going to wind up dead anyway and life is way too short to harbor such a deep hate.

Send your condolenses if you feel it's appropriate or don't if you feel it isn't.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
We're all going to wind up dead anyway and life is way too short to harbor such a deep hate.

Send your condolenses if you feel it's appropriate or don't if you feel it isn't.
I actually found a sight that does custom cards...... Pretty much had some premades that read just like that...... One read Sorry you are going to die painfully from cancer, here is a big bag of weed to cheer yo up.....
I did send my condolence's...... the response was great

Sometimes I think karma works. Not all the time mind you, but sometimes the right people get cancer. Years back my ex-mother-in-law got bilateral breast cancer, and she was a huge, flaming, ultra manipulative cunt of Jan Brewer proportions.

When she had to go back for a second round of treatment, right as things were wrapping up in my marriage, I looked her dead in the eye and told her "looks like god's going to get a second shot at you, bitch. Hope you enjoy hell."

She didn't die, but it puts a smile on my face that she endured that much pain to be alone, miserable, and still manipulating her family.

Long story short, your hands are clean, so dance on down the road with a bounce in your step. Karma is doing you a solid.
My hands are clean, I danced the road last night over and over with the new lady friend for a couple hours.......

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah..... After that I get to be an asshole to the best...... The medical insurance runs out for her at the end of the month, I have two more days to change that...... Funny seems I forgot the number for my HR department

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Sooooo, I jsut found out that the finalization of the divorce will be on hold untill her tests results come back. Seems here in teh state of ca she can claim and fall into a disabled status because of it being cancer post seperation..... that means i might be screwed royally

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz

+

+

=
Still better than buying the farm from cancer, and saves you a lot of hassle.