Quantcast

Just when you think the world could not get any more $%*@ stupid

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So as is generally the case when one travels overseas, I didn't spend all the Swiss Francs I obtained over there. No big deal right? I can just go to a bank and exchange it back to USD.

Nope! You have to have an account at the bank. I asked the stupid bitch WHY IN GOD'S NAME they would possibly need me to have an account to exchange less than $50 worth of Swiss currency. This imbicile whore's reply?

"Because if 9/11. The bank made a policy to track foreign currency transactions."

Did someone at HSBC suddenly have a stroke of genius, deciding that even though any asshat on the planet can go to any f*cking border crossing or foreign bank and exchange currency, they are going to somehow singlehandedly put a stop to terrorism by requiring me to have an account in order to exchange a small amount of money? WTF?

I hate everyone.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
So as is generally the case when one travels overseas, I didn't spend all the Swiss Francs I obtained over there. No big deal right? I can just go to a bank and exchange it back to USD.

Nope! You have to have an account at the bank. I asked the stupid bitch WHY IN GOD'S NAME they would possibly need me to have an account to exchange less than $50 worth of Swiss currency. This imbicile whore's reply?

"Because if 9/11. The bank made a policy to track foreign currency transactions."

Did someone at HSBC suddenly have a stroke of genius, deciding that even though any asshat on the planet can go to any f*cking border crossing or foreign bank and exchange currency, they are going to somehow singlehandedly put a stop to terrorism by requiring me to have an account in order to exchange a small amount of money? WTF?

I hate everyone.

I had a similar problem when I came back to the US with a bunch of Italian lira bills... no bank would exchange into US fund because apparently Italian paper money was one of the most counterfited bills in the world.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
terrorist. you and the French are in cahoots i can just tell. i've print screened this thread and i'm sending a copy to the office of home land security. you going down commie.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:

I hate everyone.
yeah i here ya echo, I have a cigar box filled with various foriegn currency that I always forget to change over. I hold onto it in hopes of returning there though

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
that suxors.
i remember when i was in school in the states, and i went car shopping. i saw this car i liked, and was ready to buy it.

i paid with a peruvian visa checkcard... but the stupid dealer made a mistake, and told me.. "eh, we will have to void that transaction, and do it again".. i thought, no problem, and did it again.

a few days later my mom calls me and says.. "hey, you went 500 bucks over the ammount you asked for"..
and i was like.. WTF???? so i checked my peruvian bank balance, and they took peruvian soles to pay in US dollars, charged me a fee for the conversion. then, when they voided the transaction, they put back the money in dollars, and they charged me ANOTHER fee to convert it, PLUS the difference between asking and bidding price. THEN, they paid in soles and converted to dollars.

so, they charged me for moving my money from soles to dollars, from dollars to soles, and from soles to dollars once again.
man i was in rage. the bank said it was not their fault, and the freaking dealer accepted no responsability at all. after hours of hassling they told me "well make it up with a tune up", and that was it.
goddamit mofos...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The Toninator said:
terrorist. you and the French are in cahoots i can just tell. i've print screened this thread and i'm sending a copy to the office of home land security. you going down commie.

Bwahahahaha. funniest thing ive read all day.

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
If its less than 50 bucks, make urself a pretty collage of swiss francs, frame it and hang it in your bathroom to endlessly remind you of your trip to Europe. But even more important, calm down and lower ur blood pressure some. It's less than 50 bucks and hence, not worth stressin out over.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Echo said:

I hate everyone.
all banks and currency exchanges do this now. I had to give them my passport info to buy about $500 worth of euros and pounds sterling.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
you should never assume the world can't get any more stupid. i always change my currency back before i leave the country from whence it came.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Echo said:
stupid bitch... imbicile whore
Come on now, it's not her fault. Don't kill the messenger. Go after the ass-face ****head dip**** chode-licker that instituted the policy.