Quantcast

Just WON a set of Hayes Brakes

Dirt Jumper

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I just won any set of Hayes disc brakes that I'd like from the "Riders Just Know" contest. I'm the 10th winner (yes, I'm Bryan). I chose the Hayes El Caminos (I dirt jump, maybe a bad idea? So what... I can adjust the power and reach on these puppies!)

Yeah, it's sweet... but I have a setback. I'm 16. I mailed them back with all my info and I told 'em my birthdate and all... as well as a small picture (they asked for one) and so even if I were to lie, I would have been screwed when they went to look at my picture, because I look more like a 12 year old let alone a 18 year old. The rules say I'm eligable if I sign up using a parent, so I'm pretty sure I'll still get them, I'll just say my parents approved and whatnot. Any advice/help on this?

If I had a second chance, what kind of (hydraulic) disc brakes should I get? Stick with the Caminos?

Thanks a lot for your help, fellow Ride Monkies!

Dirt Jumper

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I would have, but I was just so excited that I won I just cooperated, but then I calmed down and read all the damned rules. I don't even know why you have to be 18. I could walk into a bike shop and BUY the El Caminos right now without being 18. o_o

Oh well. I'm sure it'll all be sorted. Do you think the El Caminos are a good choice, even if I only DJ and Urban?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, I think you will be able to adjust them for your riding style. They are very adjustable.

Is it possible to adjust the brakes while bleeding them? Like different fluid amounts?