Quantcast

just wondering

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
WTF? Is there a reason you're saying that? Do you know if that's a regular monkey with a new account? If not, don't be a tool.

And no, I can't really truly answer the question to the fullest extent as I've only done XC... the road bike version of riding dirt :busted:

(I'm primarily a roadie)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
sorry, you caught me on a break from work. cross country/all mountain are what most people think of when they imagine mountain biking, going out in the woods and riding trails. cross country requires more endurance and fitness than bike handling ability, is usually done on a short travel fully or a hardtail, and is sometimes practiced by people with shaved legs and spandex.

Some hardcore fr types may disagree, but fr is essentially dh without course tape and a stopwatch. DH is a time trial down steep, rocky, and challenging technical trails. A typical racecourse will feature chutes, rock gardens, berms, drops, jumps and wooden stunts, but the focus is all about speed. FR trails will have many of the same features but riders are more concerned with pushing their ability to ride more difficult, scarier, bigger or prettier lines. Both types are done on similarly large heavy bikes, though there are some subtle geometry and setup differences (dh - low, slack, lots of plush travel fr- higher bb, steeper angles, stiffer springs, maybe a front der).

in short, just ride your bike. . .