Quantcast

Justin's Superco is done!!!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Superco Charger 26" size normal in RAW
Nemesis tuned Z150 slammed to 90 (temporary)
Industry 9 all mountains
Deity Vandetta cranks
Colony BB (mid)
Deity tibia seatpost with odyssey junior seat
26T animal sprokey balboa sproket
12T gusset rear singlespeed
2.35 Small Block 8 tires
Atomlab pimp brakeSET
FSA headset
Syncros Bars and stem (temporary)
Atomlab plastic pedals
28.07 pounds

Rear brake will be trimmed, and the fork steerer will not be cut as its being sold for an 831. Front brake comes off when i get my trails a little more dialed in.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Put your front brake line through the steer tube of the new fork, and leave it on. It never hurts to have the extra stopping power, and there are some fun tricks you can do with front brakes.
Looks sweet!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Put your front brake line through the steer tube of the new fork, and leave it on. It never hurts to have the extra stopping power, and there are some fun tricks you can do with front brakes.
Looks sweet!
Have the star nut and all, im also debating a hydro gyro, anybody got opinions on them

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Have the star nut and all, im also debating a hydro gyro, anybody got opinions on them
The Atomlab/cheaper ones are not worth it. They leak like a mother ****er and are terrible. A buddy of mine had one for a while but it ended up being a waste of time and money. This German company makes the one that Cam and Semenuk use/used, it's called the Tr!ckstuff Trixer. They are ridiculously expensive at ~190 bucks. Last time I checked CBO had 'em. Apparently they work quite a bit better than the others.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Pete, good to know, i probably wont run the gyro, only because i dont see myself keeping the front brake on(at least for now anyway) and on another note, why doesnt anybody like the seat? Mad haters on here and PB for it, its super small and out of the way, am i missing something?

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
and on another note, why doesnt anybody like the seat? Mad haters on here and PB for it, its super small and out of the way, am i missing something?
Cause to be cool on PB you gotta rake that seat out. Seriously though, it would look better (IMO) if you got the seat parallel to the top tube.
That's such a sweet frame, I have been drooling over them ever since I saw them in raw...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Cause to be cool on PB you gotta rake that seat out. Seriously though, it would look better (IMO) if you got the seat parallel to the top tube.
That's such a sweet frame, I have been drooling over them ever since I saw them in raw...
If you want it (seriously) hurry up, they sold out of the Raw XLs and are close on the normal sized ones, ill try to move the seat, but on the post i have, its the deity flip post, which i had to ram the seat into (to rock it in the low) position, so i am not so sure how easy it will be to move it, something about a vice, a hammer, plyers, and a cheater bar. :D

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Oh I want it, but my wallet isn't gonna agree with me. Plus I've got a perfectly good Versus that doesn't get ridden enough.
On a side note, how do you like those a-lab pedals? I have been looking into some plastics and I have had good experience with their stuff in the past.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Oh I want it, but my wallet isn't gonna agree with me. Plus I've got a perfectly good Versus that doesn't get ridden enough.
On a side note, how do you like those a-lab pedals? I have been looking into some plastics and I have had good experience with their stuff in the past.
never ridden them, feel cheap, are cheap, was told by many people i have to try them and they cost 1/3 or less of a normal high end metal 1, so why not. If for nothing else, they look cool :weee:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
get the saddle angle sorted and it will look a whole lot nicer, plus a shot from properly side on always helps. Bet it rides like a dream though

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
am i missing something?
imo slammed, tiny seats look bad on big bikes (26"). plus the angle of it. your ass will be in the rear tire, whats the point. its not a big deal, i'm over it :) bike looks damn good though :thumb:

question on that post. did you flip the guts on that post to get the seat lower? how's it work?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Well the seatpost is spring loaded from both sides with a bolt on 1 side, now that lets you have 2 main settings (and anywhere inbetween) I got it because its the lowest post i could find, but the odyssey seat was so close to the rails, i really had to mash it in there, however, if you have any other normal seat, it should work fine. Also, i dont plan to sit on this bike, i cant, the seat is only there because id rather fall onto a seat than fall onto a metal hole