Quantcast

Justin's Superco thread volume 1:fork

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
money is an issue, its hard for me to afford any of the stuff, but if it is worth it, than i can save up and make it happen.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
money is an issue, its hard for me to afford any of the stuff, but if it is worth it, than i can save up and make it happen.
You work for a shop right? Eastern is pretty cool about getting shop guys uber deals... their Ti cranks are sex.

Edit: I guess they don't advertise the ti cranks anymore... but I know they have tons at the Kannapolis warehouse... if you called up and asked for them, I am sure they would try to hook you up with a good price. The Eastern HQ guys are awesome to deal with.

Last edited:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
You work for a shop right? Eastern is pretty cool about getting shop guys uber deals... their Ti cranks are sex.

Edit: I guess they don't advertise the ti cranks anymore... but I know they have tons at the Kannapolis warehouse... if you called up and asked for them, I am sure they would try to hook you up with a good price. The Eastern HQ guys are awesome to deal with.
Not the shop he works at. His shop owner is angry at the world. He won't give out any discounts.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Not the shop he works at. His shop owner is angry at the world. He won't give out any discounts.
truth, i should pay full list to support the shop and its goals. (this isnt sarcasm either)

I see normal Profiles for 150, any other 19mm cranks for that price? or good ones at least.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
truth, i should pay full list to support the shop and its goals. (this isnt sarcasm either)

I see normal Profiles for 150, any other 19mm cranks for that price? or good ones at least.
BTI does EP orders directly with employees... no manager needed. I have found with most companies if you just call them up and say you work for a bike shop and ask if you can get a deal on things, they are more than happy to help you out.

As far as other cranks... I ran Gusset's for a while, and I loved them. http://www.gussetbikes.com/gusset/products-information.php?id=CKGUF65K

But as I said.. I am a major fan of the Eastern Cranks...

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
For brakes I went with atomlab pimps, got a real nice deal, so im trying them. However i got a PAIR. I was thinking, i have a star nut that is meant for a cable to fit into, should i run a front brake? i have never owned a DJ bike with dual brakes, but, its free, why not? What can i actually do with a front brake, besides slow down, and do endos.

Discuss

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I like running a front brake for street, but thats about it.. and thats mostly because I have a street trials-ish style when I ride the town. But for dirtjumping and park... no.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
im curious as to how those bengals work.
will tell ya as soon as i get some time on it, although they are technically atomlab brakes, i believe bengal makes them, as the adapters say bengal, and there is pawprints everywhere. For the price i got i had to try them, can always sell them on pinkbike if i dont like em

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
is that a QR axle? other than that i like where this bike is going.
It is kind of cool, the 10mm axle is on the way from industry nine, what i have on here is a bolt on QR, the guy i bought it from had it, its great, its still weak like a QR, but you can tighten it with an allen key. I love the idea, and if i ever got a XC bike, it will go on there.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
you're evil...

but oh well i love the raw look of the superco it sparkles in the sun :D

finally got around to really ride mine and i love it :thumb:
awesome dj bike
the downside is i still suck...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
you're evil...

but oh well i love the raw look of the superco it sparkles in the sun :D

finally got around to really ride mine and i love it :thumb:
awesome dj bike
the downside is i still suck...

looks great, im still waiting for a few parts before mine hits the board.