Quantcast

Kachese Ridge...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Probably has snow on it, i was up on Ranger Creek last week and there was snow below the shelter. Guesstamation of around 3 to 4 thousand feet up....
Anyways if you take a ride up there post it on this site and i'll go with you.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Well, I checked it out this weekend. You can drive over 3/4 of the way up. From there we did a hike a bike up the remainder of the road. The snow was mid shin deep in a few spots, but for the most part the road was clear. The top of the saddle where the trail starts is completely devoid fo snow. We ended up coming back down the road though because the trail up over the saddle (the real steep hike to the top of the ridge) was buried deep. The problem is that section of the trail crosses below a steep gulley so it accumulated alot of snow.

I'm going to give it another month of warm weather then I will check it again.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
HenryTheHammer said:
Well, I checked it out this weekend. You can drive over 3/4 of the way up. From there we did a hike a bike up the remainder of the road. The snow was mid shin deep in a few spots, but for the most part the road was clear. The top of the saddle where the trail starts is completely devoid fo snow. We ended up coming back down the road though because the trail up over the saddle (the real steep hike to the top of the ridge) was buried deep. The problem is that section of the trail crosses below a steep gulley so it accumulated alot of snow.

I'm going to give it another month of warm weather then I will check it again.
You didn't invite me. :( *sniff sniff*

Yah usually those high elevation rides are clean in July even with the late blast of snow we'll still be good to go at least a month early. i bet that ride will be prime in 2 to 3 weeks...

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
You didn't invite me. :( *sniff sniff*

Yah usually those high elevation rides are clean in July even with the late blast of snow we'll still be good to go at least a month early. i bet that ride will be prime in 2 to 3 weeks...
I am up for the ride anytime you come over. I think its only 13 miles or so from my place. I rode it last year doing the reverse loop and I think in mid summer it was just getting dry.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borregokid said:
I am up for the ride anytime you come over. I think its only 13 miles or so from my place. I rode it last year doing the reverse loop and I think in mid summer it was just getting dry.
Sounds good to me, i'll definately be over for a Jolly Mt./W.Fork Teanaway/Slickrock bonanza run and i'd love to get a few rides at Tanuem in, it's been years since i last rode the Ridge trail.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
Sounds good to me, i'll definately be over for a Jolly Mt./W.Fork Teanaway/Slickrock bonanza run and i'd love to get a few rides at Tanuem in, it's been years since i last rode the Ridge trail.

Borneo came over last year and set up camp in the Teanaway. I rode from my house over Cle Elum Ridge to his campsite-a nice 10 mile ride over the ridge. He knows all the trails in the Teanaway in addition to all the good restaurants in the state. The campground in Teanaway isnt too bad- the price is right-free and its by the creek. Someone also bought the old Teanaway store and reopened it. Its pretty decently stocked with camping supplies.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borregokid said:
Borneo came over last year and set up camp in the Teanaway. I rode from my house over Cle Elum Ridge to his campsite-a nice 10 mile ride over the ridge. He knows all the trails in the Teanaway in addition to all the good restaurants in the state. The campground in Teanaway isnt too bad- the price is right-free and its by the creek. Someone also bought the old Teanaway store and reopened it. Its pretty decently stocked with camping supplies.
i shuttle up the backside above Salmon la Sac, leavin another rig by the lake, still makes for a long techy XC ride. :)