Quantcast

kashima coated 40's when?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ok so i know these are due for the 2011 fox models but when do we think those will actually drop?

Reason being is that I am in the market for a fork (in the market as in i don't have a dh fork for this season), anyone know if they will push these out sooner than later? I figured mid summer which is to late but who knows...

any thoughts?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
ok so i know these are due for the 2011 fox models but when do we think those will actually drop?

Reason being is that I am in the market for a fork (in the market as in i don't have a dh fork for this season), anyone know if they will push these out sooner than later? I figured mid summer which is to late but who knows...

any thoughts?
same boat. I'm actually going to buy a 40, but considering holding off if the new ones are coming out soon.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Next year's Fox Shox usually become available late Spring/early Summer of the year prior. (Crazy, I know. But from my experience, this is how it goes.) This however, may not apply to special items like the new 40 with the Kashima coat.

The Kashima coat *looks* phenomenal, but I have a feeling a lot of the folks waiting for it are going to be sad once they see the pricetag. $_$

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The Kashima coat *looks* phenomenal, but I have a feeling a lot of the folks waiting for it are going to be sad once they see the pricetag. $_$
whoa whoa...so this will be an upcharge you think? i thought it would be standard on the 40...maybe i just missed it in the reading.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
alright ill prob go with the regular '10 40, not worth the wait/cost to me at this point just thought I would hold out if i could.

o fries are a garbage grease bin of french fries with crap all over them, still never tried them nor do I intend to...

Typically anyone that went to the University of Pittsburgh lived off them for 4 years which is contributing vastly to the health problems of most of the country.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Nice, every college town seems to have their own signature drunk dish. I am surprised Food Network doesn't have a show w/some dude going to all the college towns and rating these :D (does that make me ghey for bringing Food Network on a DH forum?, my wife watches it, not me :D)

The Kashima stuff looks cool but I wonder if the performance gain is going to justify the cost?......what ever it ends up being.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
greasy ass french fries from the O (aka The Original Hot Dog Shop) that are great when you're drunk. They even make a size that is larger than a toaster oven (no, I'm not making this up).
I went to school up the street and they opened up an O in the University Center and we could use our meal plan $s there. There was a lot of buzz about them, and I got them on occasion for lack of other options.

The main appeal was that the "small" was basically a tray full of fries, and so the value for the money seemed high, however after eating them, that was pretty debatable. Never felt good after eating O food.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
A scientific study has proven Kashima coating will:

Make you a minimum of 493 seconds faster per run
Make you impervious to all forms of tropical disease
Make you live on average, 37% longer
Make every woman acceptable on the planet want to sleep with you
Make You Jesus.

Id get em now son.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Yummie 32 series with Kashima:D

gonna look good for all 4x bikes with the fox 32 forks,guess the 831 will come in Kashima too

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I went to school up the street and they opened up an O in the University Center and we could use our meal plan $s there. There was a lot of buzz about them, and I got them on occasion for lack of other options.

The main appeal was that the "small" was basically a tray full of fries, and so the value for the money seemed high, however after eating them, that was pretty debatable. Never felt good after eating O food.
haha eating O fries didn't help, but if i was drunk enough for it then things weren't gonna end well in the first place :rofl:

The O was also the scene of late night shoot-outs.

To keep it biking related, you see the O in the background

Excuse the quality.

haha i remember all the cops being stationed there late at night.

i also remember the original club laga, and sh*t ass joker productions. Last I heard someone bought laga, can you confirm? I haven't been to a show in pittsburgh since.... '02? '03 maybe? I remember seeing chaos uk at laga when i was like 16 and was one of the most intense shows i've ever seen

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i also remember the original club laga, and sh*t ass joker productions. Last I heard someone bought laga, can you confirm? I haven't been to a show in pittsburgh since.... '02? '03 maybe? I remember seeing chaos uk at laga when i was like 16 and was one of the most intense shows i've ever seen
Laga went out a long time ago, prob 04'ish - it had the best shows (as you may know) - very fond memories of head slamming there...

Dump, thanks for posting that video...i remember being in college chatting with you on IM while i was up in erie thinking your bike was the absolute ****.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

gonna look good for all 4x bikes with the fox 32 forks,guess the 831 will come in Kashima too

i have a 36 that is getting very old (the original) on my single speed...i believe primarily in fox forks so i see a dropped float in my future. kashima of course.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

why would you not go with a 15mm float for 4x seems insane not to if you are up for a new fork

the 831 is still a bit spendy for me...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Make You Jesus.

Id get em now son.

Hehe, nice ;)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005

Make You Jesus.

Id get em now son.
What if I'm already Jesus?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Laga went out a long time ago, prob 04'ish - it had the best shows (as you may know) - very fond memories of head slamming there...
I knew they went out, but I had heard a rumor that someone was looking to get that space and bring it back, wasn't sure if anything ever came of it.

One of my funniest memories there was leaving a Leftover Crack show coming out on the street and seeing like 8 cop cars - we thought they were to arrest LOC and some of the audience and we all had an oh sh*t moment.

Turns out Ween was playing at the upstage at the same time and someone at that show OD'd on morphine.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Dump, thanks for posting that video... i remember being in college chatting with you on IM while i was up in erie thinking your bike was the absolute sh*t.
Yeah, those were the days, and that was a great bike. It's probably my favorite bike to date.