Quantcast

Katrina, help question?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I really haven't followed it in detail other than news etc. However my question is.............Are other countries offering to help us during this disaster? Not in dollar amount, but in offering their services in cleanup etc. It seems like we're (US) is always helping other countries in their times of need. I was just wondering if they try to return the favor and at least offer a helping hand, not saying we'd take them up on their offer, but having it available to us?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I do not know (my guess is no) but does that give us a right to get mad at the world for providing no helps (I mean we get acused of things untill we basicly mach what the rest of the world is doing.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TheMontashu said:
I do not know (my guess is no) but does that give us a right to get mad at the world for providing no helps (I mean we get acused of things untill we basicly mach what the rest of the world is doing.)
Great. You're back and posting as incoherently as ever. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I read that the president/dictator/ruler (whatever the hell he is) of Venezuela (the same dude that preacher dude tried to kill) offered to send supplies and stuff.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
I read that the president/dictator/ruler (whatever the hell he is) of Venezuela (the same dude that preacher dude tried to kill) offered to send supplies and stuff.
Actually he was elected. By a much greater margin than our president/dictator/ruler (whatever the hell he is) :D

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
In Venezuala, Citgo, the Gas company is lowering the cost of oil so lower class citizens and people effected by Katrina are able to buy the oil to provide electiricty because the storm has power outages that may last up to TWO MONTHS. They(CNN) even said children may be out of school for months untill they are able to get back on their feet. What Citgo is doing is the only REAL thing I have heard and its been afferemed also. Its killing two birds with one stone if you think about it, helping lower class people and the people in the storm.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
priceseliger14 said:
In Venezuala, Citgo, the Gas company is lowering the cost of oil so lower class citizens and people effected by Katrina are able to buy the oil to provide electiricty because the storm has power outages that may last up to TWO MONTHS. They(CNN) even said children may be out of school for months untill they are able to get back on their feet. What Citgo is doing is the only REAL thing I have heard and its been afferemed also. Its killing two birds with one stone if you think about it, helping lower class people and the people in the storm.
What in the world are you talking about?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
firetoole said:
I just got off the phone with a FEMA rep and I am leaving on Fri to help with search and rescue
should be a wet time :D

A couple of things you need to lookout for floating in the water; snakes and fire ants...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
priceseliger14 said:
The Ranch tooth knows, and now he is WHATCHING YOU...

Seriosly, Citgo is lowering their cost of oil for lower class citizens and people efefcted byKatrina.
What the hell are you talking about? Ranch tooth? Get off the crack junior.

Show me the link where Citgo is lowering the cost of oil for Katrina. Do a little more research and you'll see what they have done.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Wait... Wasn't that you bugging me about the Ranch Tooth? well **** I guess not.

I didn't do any research, I was at the gym and heard it on CNN, I havn't checked it out any more that seeing it on TV. Its not effecting me right now, so I am keeping to myself.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
priceseliger14 said:
Wait... Wasn't that you bugging me about the Ranch Tooth? well **** I guess not.

I didn't do any research, I was at the gym and heard it on CNN, I havn't checked it out any more that seeing it on TV.
What the hell is a ranch tooth? Put the meth down its rotting your brain.

Citgo is donating a million dollars to the relief efforts.

This is what you heard

http://www.guardian.co.uk/venezuela/story/0,12716,1555970,00.html?gusrc=rss

Not quite what you were thinking it was.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
priceseliger14 said:

I didn't do any research, I was at the gym and heard it on CNN, I havn't checked it out any more that seeing it on TV. Its not effecting me right now, so I am keeping to myself.
And now you're spewing your misinterpreted information out here as if it was gospel.

STFU, Junior. :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
An EMS friend of mine was sent down to New Orleans with an ambulance 2 days ago just came back. He said the military took over from the civilians down there.. He did say he might have to go back but didn't want to because it is bad, bad, bad down there...

:dead: