Quantcast

Keep kids on bikes!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
eh, there is a town here in washington that has a skatepark and they want to NOT let the bike kids in anymore.

please sign this online petition to keep bikes in the park.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Port Towsned bmx

doesn't matter if you don't live there, you may visit sometime and wouldn't it be cool to ride your bike there?
I take back everything I ever said about roadies, now go sign it. :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
im going get yelled at, but here it goes. when i skateboard at a SKATE park, i have had many an injury from kid bailin off thier bike and hittin me, or just running in to you in general. i dont think bikes belong in skateparks, but thats just a skateboarders opinion.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I've been hit by skaters and bikers while riding my skateboard and my bike in parks.

I don't think we will ever see the day that there are BIKE parks only. one day, it will be called something like a 'multi use' park and they will be everywhere.

education and ettiquite(sp?) is needed to keep the parks safe for all users.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
i see your point, many people that go to skateparks dont relize that you have to wait for your go, and to watch out.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
chicodude01 said:
i see your point, many people that go to skateparks dont relize that you have to wait for your go, and to watch out.
they don't. they are usually dumb kids that don't understand how dangerous it can be at the park. often you can educate them but sometimes you can't.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Generally the person hitting you is young and new to the park scene, with a little experience and some browbeating, everyone learns to wait until it's clear.

If that fails, they started using designated times for the different sports/age groups at the park here, seems to be working really well.