Quantcast

Keep on Rolling Skills Clinic, Oct. 28, Frederick

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Keep on Rolling Skills Clinic, Brought to You by Avalon/Germantown Cycle’s Team 9.8 and MORE. Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 10 a.m. at the Frederick Watershed.

It doesn’t matter if you are riding cross-country bikes or you are a seasoned downhill racer. We want to help you improve your riding. This clinic is designed to give you the technique and the confidence to push your riding to the next level.

Pro downhill racers, Jason Beckley, Brian Price, and B.J. Tregila, of Germantown Cycle’s Team 9.8 will provide hands-on instruction at the clinic. They will begin by briefly discussing bike setup and riding position, before moving into specific techniques for specific riding situations – braking, turning, line choice, pumping, manuals, how to approach varying terrains, line choice, etc. These techniques are designed to make you an all-around better rider, a smarter rider and a safer rider.

This clinic is designed for experienced riders. With any riding, there is and inherent danger. This clinic will cover intermediate to advanced techniques, so the risk will be elevated. It will be required to sign a waiver to participate. If you are a minor, you will also need consent from a guardian. You will need to be a MORE member. Memberships can be purchased at www.more-mtb.org.

I don’t care what kind of bike you bring, cross-country or downhill; it doesn’t matter. Just make sure it works. And don’t forget your helmet. Knee and/or shin pads, as well are arm pads are encouraged. Also, bring water and food. We will be in a secluded area and the clinic will last for several hours. And dress accordingly. There will be a lot of standing and stopping for instruction and drills.

The clinic will take place in the watershed in Frederick. We will meet at the Hamburg road parking lot at 10 a.m. before moving to the practice area. If you need directions, contact us.

Space is limited and it doesn’t cost a dime, so sign up early to guarantee a spot. To sign up contact Brian Price at 240.404.0695 or brian@germantowncycles.com

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
it is 25 bucks to be a member of MORE? Thats cool... this is a great idea guys... PROPs! If I could ride, I would probably come down for it!

keep us posted if you continue to do this in the future!

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
So I just filled up. If you are still interested, let me know and you will be wait listed. I might consider expanding, but only by a couple.