Quantcast

Keep rear shock or change?

B.R

Chimp
May 22, 2004
Wales
ok, i've ordered a santa cruz v10 thro the bike shop i used to work in, so getting it at a very good price.

It comes with a fox DHX 5.0.

Should i keep the DHX, getting it tuned/pushed or buy a new shock?

If i do, i was looking at either the RS Vivid, or Bos Stoy.

Problem is, i've ridden none of them, and wont have a chance to, as I'm currently in Afganistan, and want everthing there waiting for me when i get home in december.

So RM, whats your opinions and thoughts?

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I believe if you go with a vivid you will need a C tune. the only way you can buy it aftermarket is in a B tune. You would have to buy it then send it in to have it redone in a C tune.

I've never ridden a V10 but I use a vivid on my F5 and the quality of dampening is way better than the Dhx it came with.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I agree w/greenhood and bansheerider. ride it till you know exactly what you want out of it. you are potentially throwing a lot of money into a bike you have never ridden and all the money you saved on that good deal will be lost. you may find the DHX to be satisfactory. If you can't find a setting you like, then consider PUSH or other shocks.

B.R

Chimp
May 22, 2004
Wales
rodger that fellas.

does make sense, was just getting a bit excited about getting home and getting a new bike...