Quantcast

}}}}**keep slappin' me Tuesday GMT**{{{{

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I can't remember who posted this website, or on which thread, so I'll just re-post it here. But this article is giving me pangs of anxiety: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html like real anxiety, with pulse increasing and all that chit... I'm really worried about what sort of world my children will live in.
No worries. The first thing the super-smart AI invents will be a digital bong shed, and it will be smooth sailing from that moment on.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This is a first. Got sent into the basement at work due to a tornado warning
Welcome to my life last Wednesday. The nice thing for me, as it were, is that my reading room is already in the basement. :D

This morning I spent revising a paper and resubmitting it. Cutting down from ~470 words to 250 for an abstract word count restriction is tough. This afternoon I spent an hour writing a script to automate a tedious task of data gathering (and writing to file) in MATLAB. There were no 5 beer lunches in between.

When I was gathering 8 data points at a time it was manageable by hand. When those 8 become multiplied by 3 possible orientations, 13 possible cardiac outputs, 2 possible field strengths, 3 possible injection volumes, and 7 possible injection rate ranges then that task quickly becomes far too much to do by hand without going insane.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Couldn't drive it, but the hood part comes Friday. The previous owner painted the hood vent and bulge atomic green, it was bad.

Procharger, nice. They also just got a '15 Z06 with Z07 package. It has 2200ish miles on it. Factory supercharged it a whole other animal. :drool:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Couldn't drive it, but the hood part comes Friday. The previous owner painted the hood vent and bulge atomic green, it was bad.

Procharger, nice. They also just got a '15 Z06 with Z07 package. It has 2200ish miles on it. Factory supercharged it a whole other animal. :drool:
What the hell are you doing? Are you buying a new car or what? NO MORE TEASING!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What the hell are you doing? Are you buying a new car or what? NO MORE TEASING!
No, just taking my aggression out on cars that aren't mine. :rofl:

They had a Cayman S a few weeks back that I inquired about because I had never sat in one and it was a manual. They sold it before I could look at it and they have been sending me emails about interesting arrivals ever since. They had 2 GT-R's I wanted to look at, but they also had an Atomic Orange '07 C6, the '15 Z06, and the '14 Stingray with a Procharger, so it was totally worth a look. :D

I didn't drive anything, I had to get home for my phone interview.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stupid effing hot today, at least its cooled down to a manageable 105* at 7pm ( hit 112*) everytime I got out of the short bus it felt Like I was stepping into an oven. The Buses AC was at its limit with 7 of us on board, not cool but not sweltering, high 70s

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They had a Cayman S a few weeks back that I inquired about because I had never sat in one and it was a manual. They sold it before I could look at it and they have been sending me emails about interesting arrivals ever since.
My uncle had one for a while. Circa '08 MY IIRC. I got to drive it once or twice, and really liked it. Not scary fast by any means, but more than quick enough to get out of its own way, and just an excellent, tight handling sports car. Great interior- nothing super fancy, but well laid out and put together. Good ergonomics, good visibility, etc. The ride was on the firm side for a daily driver (which is why he ended up getting rid of it) but not way out there, and as a sports car/toy it seemed like a great compromise.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I thought the Cayman had crap visibility. Give me window area, people! I also though the cabin was awfully cramped in terms of head and shoulder room.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I thought the Cayman had crap visibility. Give me window area, people! I also though the cabin was awfully cramped in terms of head and shoulder room.
Meh, for a mid engined car it's pretty good. And really? My uncle's like 6'6" and not skinny, and he fit fine.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I have the torso and head of a giant, apparently. And the legs of a half-midget? :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Gremlins would have been much more popular had the girl come with each one. Edit: I see that one says Pacer. Whatever. :D Before my time!

Ideal greenhouse:

Last edited: