Quantcast

Keep the Shiver or the Minute?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys,

On my P1 I currently have a Minute 1:00 fork with the x-firm spring installed. QR wheelset with Sun Singletrack rims. So far it's been ok...

My fork on my other bike (which is cracked in many places) has a Shiver SC (from 2002) with the stiffest spring for it and the wheelset I have for that one has mavic EX721 rims.

I am debating on weather to keep the P1 with the minute fork or swap it out for the shiver. My younger bro would pick up the Minute fork and the wheels if I swapped so he'd get an upgrade. I use the bike for jumping things (not very good at it lol), riding around, and some trail riding. I know it's 130mm vs. 120mm travel wise but at the same time I know the Shiver is better is almost every way.

I just wanted some opinions on this. I'm not in the market for a new fork as both mine work fine so I don't see a need to upgrade. I could just swap and be fine as well.

Just curious,
Chris

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
If it were me I'd stick with the Minute. I like light DJ forks, I'm easy on 'em. I agree with sama1ter though, swap it and see.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Today the fork is off to the shop to switch out the crown races (just need the one removed from the minute and put on the shiver). The Shiver I just thnk will fit the bike better. I had it as my trail-bike fork for 3 years no with no issues or problems so I think it'd be fine. Atleast we hope so :)

Part of me doing this is to upgrade my brother's bike which has a super crappy front fork (some MZ comp, sub $50 fork on low-end bikes) but his bike came with decent parts otherwise. He just got a Fox Vanilla RC rear shock (which later he'll get pushed) and I figured by me switching parts around I could sell him my other stuff at a highly discounted deal (as he's 16 and has no $$$) so he gets an upgrade. I'd have sold him my shiver but his current stuff is all QR and I don't care for QR very much LOL...

Thanks guys! If it doesn't work out I'll just get a 36 Talas or Van 32. That should be plenty stiff (or another fork of some kind)