Quantcast

Kel-Tec PF9

menachite

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
The All American Valley
Anyone shoot one or carry one?

I need a slimline gun to fit my 'thin' personal profile.

Currently carry a G19, compete with it, etc...

Following the one gun rule has gotten boring...so now I need to add something smaller.

MI62887

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
I have a PF11 (I think that is the model). I bought it as a back up gun and to carry off duty. I got the belt clip to put on it. It was sweet for carrying tucked in my waist band. Kind of 'gangsta', but very convenient, comfortable, and subtle. It was scary because at times I would forget it was there.

Don't carry it as much anymore, but it is a nice little gun.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'd buy a backup G19 or a G26.

One gun may be boring, but you're not carrying a gun for entertainment. Go buy a new MTB fork if you've gotta have something new and fun.

Or maybe add XS Big Dot sights to your G19 if you've gotta have a new gun thing. They work pretty well from my one experience with them...lots of people I know endorse them heartily.

In any event, there's no way I would carry a Kel-Tec if a Glock (or a SIG 239 9mm) was an option.

kafromet

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
I've only shot the PF9 once, but it seemed very solid to me. I have a P3AT that I've carried pretty much daily for a year+ that I really like. Handles well, shoots great (for a short barrel .380) and I've never had any mechanical difficulties with it. IF the PF9 is as good a weapon as the P3AT, it will serve you well.