Quantcast

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Hmm...

That's not how I did it. More than 1 way to skin a cat I guess.

Edit: I used the above method when I first started developing anti lag as a school project. I've since shifted my focus to EGR driven anti lag, as has most of the racing community. EGR=Exhaust Gas Recirculation. I even came up with a pretty trick design that used an additional manifold as a sort of accumulator. Wasn't pretty, and caused some packaging issues, but it worked pretty well.

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I an entertained by all kinds of sh!t like this, street trials, jumping, skateboarding, parkour (sp), moto trials and jumping... but this sh!t just doesn't entertain me. The dude is skilled though, no doubt.

I think it's the 1 trick pony aspect to car "tricks"... drift, drift, drift, drift some more... drift around a corner, drift around a dude, drift around a car, drift around another car drifting... it's the same thing over and over. Not that he should be able to kickflip the car or something. It just get's old.

Last edited:

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
I would love to drive a car with that type of power. I totally understand, while his company makes millions he's out promoting it & having a blast in that little ripper. Good on yah.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Yeah.

EGR systems are the way to go, especially nowadays with the dB regulations in racing. You can't really get away with having ATDC combustion or super rich mixtures anymore or they'll disqualify you for breaking regs. SCCA is super picky about that. Last autox I went to they were taking sound on EVERY car EVERY run. YMMV, I think the region I did that race in had some people on a power trip.

Edit:
Not to mention that there's rumors of emissions testing in the future on some of the stock and street prep classes circulating every now and then. Emissions on race cars, FML.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah.

EGR systems are the way to go, especially nowadays with the dB regulations in racing. You can't really get away with having ATDC combustion or super rich mixtures anymore or they'll disqualify you for breaking regs. SCCA is super picky about that. Last autox I went to they were taking sound on EVERY car EVERY run. YMMV, I think the region I did that race in had some people on a power trip.
i agree that the egr systems are moar better. they just dont make the super loud bangbang noise like in block's video. i posted that link because it has a pretty basic explanation of what all ALS essentially do.
WRC cars are no where near as loud as his gymkhana cars

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
you call that a car. this is a car :)
Oh we're playing THIS game eh?

True, that is a car. It is typically found behind this one:

I just picked the lola cause it had a roof.

Edit: correction, it can be found behind 3 of these cars. Far behind them.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Rumor has it, the R18 is going to have a V6 TDI with KERS. Not too much of a stretch of the imagination since Porsche just released the 918 with a similar layout.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Rumor has it, the R18 is going to have a V6 TDI with KERS. Not too much of a stretch of the imagination since Porsche just released the 918 with a similar layout.
yep, new prototype rules coming will probably force them to go with the V6 TDi.

the 918 Spyder uses regenerative braking for their hybrid power, but prior KERS system used by only F1 cars so far (and the new Ferrari 599 Hy-KERS), uses energy from the engine's flywheel. itll be interesting to see how, and if, Audi implements their KERS design. the regenerative braking system is much heavier than a flywheel bases system

edit: Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid uses a flywheel system too

Last edited:

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Ah, but porsche also has a KERS system. They've gone public with a version in the 911, but a little birdie told me they're working on fitting it to the LMP2 car.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
lulz thats a good one :rofl:

so great that he went out in the first lap at Monza on Saturday because of his over-aggressive "tactics." and during the last lap of last year's Monza race while he was in the lead to win
Hamilton has already wrecked one slam-dunk in the bag championship season, so he figured he'd get started a little earlier this year...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Seems like the first mistake of the 2010 season if you ask me. He's easily the fastest driver on the grid.
Alonso also has 3 wins this year like Hamilton, but Webber has the most with 4. Hamilton also DNF'd in two races
the Red Bull team has been the fastest. no question. they jsut arent that consistent

Hamilton has already wrecked one slam-dunk in the bag championship season, so he figured he'd get started a little earlier this year...
this.

Last edited:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Alonso also has 3 wins this year like Hamilton, but Webber has the most with 4. Hamilton also DNF'd in two races
the Red Bull team has been the fastest. no question. they just aren't that consistent

this.
Yeah 9 poles and to be where they are with the car they have this year is a bit ridiculous, but hey, that's racing.

Hamilton DNF's The most recent was obviously his fault. I don't think he cleared his head about his team mate being in front of him and made an error being to aggressive at the start. The other two DNFs crankshaft and tire failure....nothing you can do.

I hate Ferrari Scuderia. I dont hate them I hate their fans and Alonso. Kind of like mac fan boys. Massa is a good guy. Fry is a good guy. They have great innovations but thats where it stops.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I hate Ferrari Scuderia. I dont hate them I hate their fans and Alonso. Kind of like mac fan boys. Massa is a good guy. Fry is a good guy. They have great innovations but thats where it stops.
lol, i hate McLaren MB fans too. im a Tifosi through and through. im not the biggest Alonso fan, although he does win. I like Massa more and i thought it sucked when they told him to move over for Alonso

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
ha sounds like you had a good weekend.

If you find yourself in the MD area during the Brazillian GP im renting out a bar for the race. This is your invite. ha There will be plenty of people wearing red.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ha sounds like you had a good weekend.

If you find yourself in the MD area during the Brazillian GP im renting out a bar for the race. This is your invite. ha There will be plenty of people wearing red.
couldnt be happier about the weekend. they said if they didnt perform well at Monza, then they would throw the 2010 season away and focus on the 2011...similar to what they did last year.

renting a whole bar for a f1 race? this is maryland in the US right?