Quantcast

Kenda Dark Mtn Super D - Race #2

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Race #2 in the Kenda NC State Championship series takes place this coming Sunday, March 18th. Schedule will be the same as the first race, further details can be found at www.bmcc.us. The weather looks promising with a high of 65. Forecast shows the possiblity of showers on Thursday & Friday which will probably help conditions as the trails are pretty dry.

For this race we also plan to operate a concessions stand...candy bars, nabs, drinks...the basics:clapping:

Hope you can join us!!!:biggrin:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
haha..."nabs". i never heard that word until i moved to NC.

the boy and i won't be at this one but we'll be back for the 1st. looks like it'll be above freezing for this one...lucky!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He's got a full time orphanage at his house. Why you think the missus bought 5 acres. He thinks it for bikes...she bought it for sheltering the furry things at the dumpsters. Humane Shelter of the Raney's Inc. "eet" "eet"

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
ok.... what the hell is a nab.

north american bluebird society?
national association of black scuba divers?
north american baptist seminary?
natural arches and bridges selection?
north american benthological society?
north american bolt and screw company?

or is it some kind of sticky bun?

^ results provided by google.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
ok.... what the hell is a nab.

north american bluebird society?
national association of black scuba divers?
north american baptist seminary?
natural arches and bridges selection?
north american benthological society?
north american bolt and screw company?

or is it some kind of sticky bun?

^ results provided by google.
Crackarz.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
nabs...this is the south and you are entering moonshine country...heck the last section of Hwy 421 that most come in on is named Junior Johnson highway!:biggrin:

looks like the almighty google doesn't quite know everything now, does it ?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
i lived in boone for 7 years even lived off of 421 for a few of 'em and never heard anyone say nabs.
and i thought i knew everything about southern foods after trying livermush.

have fun at the races this weekend.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
The trails are in very good condition and with the wind & sun today it should be even better tomorrow. Here's the hourly weather for tomorrow:

10am Sunny 34°F

11am Sunny 39°F

12pm Sunny 42°F

1pm Sunny 44°F

2pm Sunny 46°F

3pm Sunny 48°F

Not to bad and once you get rolling it should feel just right!:biggrin:

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!!!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I hate that i showed up late, but it looked like a really fun course. Everyone i talked to said they had a really good time! I snagged several photos during the afternoon runs. I'll post my favorites and a link to a gallery a little later.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
was it as cold this time as the first one?

you coming to the april race h-revs?
The weather felt pretty good, i thought, but i did not show up until about 1:30 or so. :disgust1:

So far the plan is to come to the April race. I hope to be there early and a little more prepared next time.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
It was great to see everyone at Dark Mtn, this weekend.

Guard gets it. Awesome course, things happened when they were supposed to happen and got a free sandwich. The only thing missing was a broke down school bus and crappy clay pots. Otherwise couldn't have been happier.

Definately planning on coming back for #3. Hopefully that triple won't bitch slap me again. If anyone finds the rest of my breath I would greatly appreciate if you could return it to me.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
It was great to see everyone at Dark Mtn, this weekend.

Guard gets it. Awesome course, things happened when they were supposed to happen and got a free sandwich. The only thing missing was a broke down school bus and crappy clay pots. Otherwise couldn't have been happier.

Definately planning on coming back for #3. Hopefully that triple won't bitch slap me again. If anyone finds the rest of my breath I would greatly appreciate if you could return it to me.
Heck yeah, these things feel like a high school reunion minus all the fat chicks!
Super D races rule.
I could do these all year.:clapping:
Great people and great racing.

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
Heck yeah, these things feel like a high school reunion minus all the fat chicks!
Super D races rule.
I could do these all year.:clapping:
Great people and great racing.
True that! It was a riot at the top of the hill. I met some super cool guys. I loved watching all the Jrs race, that was worth going down there. The kid on the little Haro was all over it.