Quantcast

Kenda K-rads

bigfootrider

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
I was wondering about getting them on my Bigfoot which has kinetics right now. These good tires for street and dirt jumping, no?

Kevin

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
yeah, they are good dj tires, a bit skinny, but thats ok. if you want a bit more girth, go with some holy rollers

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
dirtjumpP.1 said:
yeah, they are good dj tires, a bit skinny, but thats ok. if you want a bit more girth, go with some holy rollers
yep :thumb: The Krads are a solid, reasonably priced tire. The Holyrollers seem to stick a little better on the pavement (softer command it seems). Kenda also has the new Kiniption out too, might be worth checking out.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I have the krads on my urban bike. They stick great to concrete but they slip a lot on dirt and grass, maybe its just my riding style since I'm used to dh tires, but I gotta say I always feel a little sketchy when I'm on anything other than concrete with these.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
k-rads are awesome for dirt, park, street, and can handle the occassional trail ride as well. they grip suprisingly well off road but on the trails i wouldnt lean the bike over too much since they lack side knobs.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
I wish my 1.95's held more volume although I'm spoiled from running 20 psi in my dh tires)

Break loose easily, but seem to have a predictable slide to them. Good tires.

rpet

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yeah I'm interested in the Kiniptions too, as well as the Tioga UrbanFreestyle.

I like my K-rads, but I'd like to get a slightly faster, less knobby tire for the rear. I hope the Kiniption and Tiogas are a little smaller than the K-rad 2.3.

-rob in Brooklyn