Quantcast

Kenda Kaliente Pro

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
This is a question to pose before trying them. I have some people that love them and some that hate them. I don't think they hold well enough for me to corner on, but they seem to do well otherwise.

My advice to you is to speed up in the corners. ;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
This is a question to pose before trying them. I have some people that love them and some that hate them. I don't think they hold well enough for me to corner on, but they seem to do well otherwise.

My advice to you is to speed up in the corners. ;)
I know, they were just so cheap I figured what the H. They are light, thats for sure, and the bead is super tight. I looked around and apparently this is what the Kenda pro team races on when they use clinchers... if it corners well enough for a pro, it's probably good enough for me I guess.

Last edited:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I ran them on my roadie for a stretch, then on my tri bike. Not sure I've hit 50 on them, but probably low 40s a few times. I've been really happy with them, but I've only got a few hundred miles on them.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Exactly.
I used to sponsor a team that had Kenda as a co-title sponsor. I still bought Michelins for myself and my customers though. Having to (attempt) to race Kenda DH tires for a season has soured me on their stuff for life.
In my opinion... at least in the MTB world nothing beats Kendas traction... but everything beats kendas durability.

I only got these because they were under 200g and less than $20. If they sh!t the bed, then Ill go back to Conti, I just hate paying that much for a tire.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
except for Michelins. Old Michy DH tires had the trifecta of durability, traction, & a super compound.
Only Michelins I have used are the Kenda Wild Racer 2010. Great tires, long lasting, pretty good traction. But in traction I've not met the match for the kenda Stick-E compound. It's like velcro... I'd swear by them if they ever make the sidewalls tough enough to stand up to tubeless... till then Geax, all day long.

Little outside the roadie topic now though... back on topic: The Kendas will get their first real text tomorrow. 40+ mile road ride through backroads, some of which are not well maintained and can be pretty rough on tires. Every time I do this ride I thank the gods for my steel frame.

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
I got a set of these 2 years ago used on a set of Spinergy FCC wheels. I raced them all last season, then this year I bought some tubies to race on, and the Spinergy/Kendas became my training tires/wheels for my good bike. Very impressed. I estimate I've had 3500 miles on them, before finally needing to replace the rear after a thread broke. The front is still on there. I can also count my flats in that period on one hand. I think they are damn durable for a 200g tire. I bought another pair to replace them, but I am still using the front for now. I am only 150lbs so I might flat less than some.