Quantcast

Kenda Non DH casings?

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Anyone run Kenda Nevegals non DH casings with heavy duty DH tubes at Diablo? sidewalls seem pretty thin and worried about pinch flats. Curious if anyone else has experience with this setup

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I have a few single ply Kendas that I bought by accident (thought they were dual ply). Very thin sidewalls. Flatted a few times (not even DH riding) and really used them after that. I would not use them for DH, even with DH tubes. You are much better off with a dual ply sidewall.

ChiliPepper

Chimp
Sep 30, 2009
Upstate, SC
Yeah, I would also recommend flying with the DH casing Nevegals. especially for Diablo. Not saying you can't fly with the single walls, but your chances of getting flats will be far greater. ;)

Keep it real and ride hard! :D

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Cool guy's thanks. I have new some 2.7 Nevegals DH casing's I bought by mistake but they don't fit. I have some single ply 2.5's but it seems like it may not be worth it to try them. Oh well. I try and sell the 2.7's and score some 2.5 DH's

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
i would be worried about flatting kenda's even if they did have the dh casing with dh tubes, especiually at diablo....:rolleyes:
Yep. The Kenda DH casing is not stiff at all. It's more like a glorified XC casing. I've never had as many pinch flats on a DH tire as I had with DH Nevegals.

In Kenda's defense I'll say that the pinch flats happened in super-rocky terrain where there were lots of square-edged hits, but on the other hand, the same terrain on Minion/High Roller DH casing tires at the same PSI yielded no flats.