Quantcast

Kenda Small Block 8

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Anybody have one or opinions on one, i am thinking about getting some for trails (as opposed to my holy rollers) and want some opinions, figure it to be clay and dust over clay. Any other options similar considered as well

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I ran a sb8 front and npj rear for a year or so... good combo. Never had any traction issues whatsoever. The giant shoulder treads on the sb8 make it seem like a huge tire.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
theyre good tires for dirt, and roll fast, lighter than holy rollers, if you ride some concrete with em tho and turn hard they tend to break loose quick, but for the jumps theyre sickter

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks! When I looked a while back all they made was a 24x1.95 bmx race tire, it was soooo small it looked like a rubber band stretched over the rim. . . .:(

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The Arrow Blitz is another fast knobby tire. 24 or 26. Big volume, low knobs, decent weight and a little more aggressive side knob than SB8. I looked at the SB8 but nobody had the 24x2.35.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I ran a sb8 front and npj rear for a year or so... good combo. Never had any traction issues whatsoever. The giant shoulder treads on the sb8 make it seem like a huge tire.
Do what he said Justin... The small block and get a little slippery in some indoor skate parks, but nothing like sliding off wallrides or pipes, just on the smooth slipper cement floors.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Another vote for good. Ran one on the rear for awhile on my 24. It was fast. I have a brand new 24 x 2.1 if you're interested.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
90% sure im going to rock two small block 8s but any last suggestions before i go and purchase them? These will be a dirt only, and mayb some street (tar, asphalt) but im thinking mostly dirt. I will be rockin 26 2.35s

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I ran SB8 front and rear for a while. They are fast as hell and rail packed dirt! I thought they are a little sketchy in the dust. I washed out a few times in corners cause of moon dust collecting in berms.

I switched to a holy roller in the front and now I'm a little slower but I'm not paranoid of dust. So if your trails are well maintained and free of loose dirt then run 2 sb8's. Otherwise I like something with more traction in the front.

They are the sh!t on the street! So fast! Just watch out for marble and tile in front of nice buildings. They get ZERO traction on that stuff.

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
Kenda Kniption is a comparable, faster rolling tire. Just Picked one up and seems better than the K-rad or holyroller, is full knob profile and can run high PSI for streety stuff. Also, those small blocks seem to F-up lips faster if your dirt is ****ty/sandy... Got it from airbomb.com for 25 shipt.