Quantcast

Kennewick Wa, 58* today....

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
and great conditions at State Patrol.... (it's tough for the south east siders, all we gots is sand... so when it pours for three days(which is rare), you better get your butt to the trails)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Fast Monkey said:
and great conditions at State Patrol.... (it's tough for the south east siders, all we gots is sand... so when it pours for three days(which is rare), you better get your butt to the trails)

We're heading down for a 4 day weekend Thanksgiving. We plan on hitting the State Patrol trails at least one day:D The last time we rode out there in November it was 28*:eek:

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
Snacks, PM me... I'll be in town all weekend... we can get krustudude and all the other non-RM crew and go out for pizza or something.... ??? Hubby's???

Yes. 58* (degrees) today at 1:38, the damn weather man was predicting snow this weekend too.... oh-well at least I got 2 solid hours of dirt in today...

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
hey where are these trails
are they XC or DH
thanks for any info
if someone could PM me about this that'd be great, i am always looking for good places to ride during the winter

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
So, we're kinda in the south east corner of the map... of washington... where Oregon and Idaho all come together. (Note: 2 hours north of what's becoming known as the South Shore, Hood River) The trail head is on the east side hwy 395, just look for the sign that says "State Patrol Office" she's green and in the middle of the highway. So here are a few images of the "state patrol" area...

All the google sat. images show the trails... and some where I've got a PDF of them with trail maps... everything is clearly marked out there to an extent... but none the less you can always ride towards the highway to get back. If memory serves me right, there is only approx. 360 ft in elevation gain... not to shabby for our dust bowl. (you'd think it would be better with all the "large hills" we have surrounding us. None the less, for a 10 minute drive from my door step I can be lost in the sage for hours.

Remember this one thing, the State Patrol area is entirely on private property, so please be aware and be safe..... well for the most part.

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
Nothing I'd call a "DH" section... but there are people digging off to the side of the "down hill" (everything is down hill to the damn) there are a few nice kickers and drops... just gotta find skateboard. (the locals can hook you up if you roll in to town... shoot me a pm when your ready, things are off the beat'n path for saftey and hackers)

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
If you look at that last picture with the push-pin, you can get an idea... it's about a 30 min ride to the "top" and 5 to the bottom. Most of the trails are in the vallies... (which is nice for the 100+ temps we hit in the summer)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Fast Monkey said:
Snacks, PM me... I'll be in town all weekend... we can get krustudude and all the other non-RM crew and go out for pizza or something.... ??? Hubby's???
Cool!Kevin and would be down, if we're not still full of Turkey. Hubby's, dang that place is still around:D

Were do you live? We'll be staying at my parents house, in Kennewick Park (above the mall).

Fast Monkey

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Washington
Yeah, I don't see why not... it's mostly an xc place... just something different... Hubby's that place rocks!!! I live pretty close to it... so I guess we're on the oppisite sides of town, no biggie... pick a date, and I'll round everyone one up... :thumb: