Quantcast

Kerry's flipflop

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Not possible. If they were worse, he woulda flunked out. In either case, they are both boneheads of monumental proportions. Only Kerry just happens to be stupid. Bush is stupid, a pupet, a whiny bigot AND a liar. He is also quite afraid of actually partaking in any of the activities the men and women he sends off to die. IE: He is a coward.
I'm waiting for a member of the Bush family to join the military. The Bush twins are of perfect military age...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Not possible. If they were worse, he woulda flunked out. In either case, they are both boneheads of monumental proportions. Only Kerry just happens to be stupid. Bush is stupid, a pupet, a whiny bigot AND a liar. He is also quite afraid of actually partaking in any of the activities the men and women he sends off to die. IE: He is a coward.
Transcript shows Kerry's Yale grades similar to Bush's
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-06-07-kerry-transcripts_x.htm?csp=34

BOSTON (AP) — Sen. John F. Kerry's grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry had a cumulative average of 76 and got four Ds his freshman year — in geology, two history courses and political science, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday.

His grades improved with time, and he averaged an 81 his senior year and earned an 89 — his highest grade — in political science as a senior.

"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," Kerry said in a written response to reporters' questions. He said he has previously acknowledged focusing more on learning to fly than studying.

Under Yale's grading system in effect at the time, grades between 90 and 100 equaled an A, 80-89 a B, 70-79 a C, 60 to 69 a D, and anything below that was a failing grade.

In 1999, The New Yorker magazine published a transcript showing Bush had a cumulative grade average of 77 his first three years at Yale, and a similar average under a non-numerical rating system his senior year.

Bush's highest grade at Yale was an 88 in anthropology, history and philosophy. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy, and improved his grades after his freshman year, the transcript showed.

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

Kerry graduated from Yale in 1966, Bush in 1968.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Transcript shows Kerry's Yale grades similar to Bush's
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-06-07-kerry-transcripts_x.htm?csp=34

BOSTON (AP) — Sen. John F. Kerry's grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry had a cumulative average of 76 and got four Ds his freshman year — in geology, two history courses and political science, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday.

His grades improved with time, and he averaged an 81 his senior year and earned an 89 — his highest grade — in political science as a senior.

"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," Kerry said in a written response to reporters' questions. He said he has previously acknowledged focusing more on learning to fly than studying.

Under Yale's grading system in effect at the time, grades between 90 and 100 equaled an A, 80-89 a B, 70-79 a C, 60 to 69 a D, and anything below that was a failing grade.

In 1999, The New Yorker magazine published a transcript showing Bush had a cumulative grade average of 77 his first three years at Yale, and a similar average under a non-numerical rating system his senior year.

Bush's highest grade at Yale was an 88 in anthropology, history and philosophy. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy, and improved his grades after his freshman year, the transcript showed.

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

Kerry graduated from Yale in 1966, Bush in 1968.
Which is exactly what Transcend said...****, you're a retard.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trying to relate Kerry and Bush's intelligence to their grades is silly. They were both spoiled little rich kids who were going to land cush jobs and be wealthy no matter what. They both probably did as little as possible and actually graduate.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
What would the point of that be?
the point being these are the people most effected by the GWOT and the admin's policy.

My informal poll here found the very little support for a democratic party controlled Congress and even less support for a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the point being these are the people most effected by the GWOT and the admin's policy.

My informal poll here found the very little support for a democratic party controlled Congress and even less support for a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Again what the hell does that have to do with anything? Children are most affected by education, Police are most affected by criminal law and geezers by medicare.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Again what the hell does that have to do with anything? Children are most affected by education, Police are most affected by criminal law and geezers by medicare.
there is no perception by the people waging the GWoT that there needs to be a change in management

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
there is no perception by the people waging the GWoT that there needs to be a change in management
Factory workers aren't asked who they want for a CEO. Not to mention there is more to the world than the GWoT, of course the fear mongerers don't want you to think that.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Also, we now turn around draft dodgers at the border. Especially the ones who enlist of their own free will, and then cry like babies when they are actually asked to perform the job the signed up for.
Well since hardly any of them signed up to do this I would think you'd be letting a lot of them in???
I mean you get the Tillman's, but he paid for his macho-icity with his life...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Well since hardly any of them signed up to do this I would think you'd be letting a lot of them in???
People join the military knowing that it is a job that may require them to go to war, no matter the cause. If you sign up for that and then try to run, you are a coward. I don't care what your excuse is. If you don't believe in killing people because your country asks you to, don't join the military. But you do not have a choice as to what missions you perform, you know this going in, it isn't like it's some big surprise.

I don't support W's insane rampage through the middle east, but i would turn back any joker at the border claiming he didn't believe in the war and therefore was going AWOL. They were NOT conscripted, there was no draft. They get no sympathy from me, it was their choice to join up.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
As I browse the forums daily, I see a never ending spew of armchair quarterbacks calling Iraq a mess....

A waste of US blood.... There's no reason for us there..... They weren't a threat to us..... We ****ed up their country.... No WMDs....

A continuous spew by folks who haven't been there, and base their entire mouthy opinion on what's filtered through mainstream media.

I know what I know, and the stories I've heard belong to the men and women who have been there and know what they saw. For now we will bury the heroes who have fallen and honor them knowing some time soon, the media's attention will shift..

Then we'll have to listen to the BS and misinformation from those who weren't there and/or couldn't be bothered to serve.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wait, what? Are you deaf dumb blind AND stupid?

Iraq is nothing but a mess, as Vietnam was before it. Their country is ruined, they have no infrastructure, they are in the midst of the beginnings of a civil war. Many more people now hate the USA.

Please, tell me how this is GOOD? Spreading democracy does NOT make America safer. Democratic Peace Theory has been written off as an incorrect theory. ie: the Bush doctrine is pointless. The DPT guidelines for what makea a democracy are too constrictive to include many actual democracies. Therefore, it is worthless. Lebanon and Israel, both democracies. Both fought in numerous wars against each other.

besides there really is no reason to be there except to make the president look like he is actually doing something proactive in the "war on terror" instead of just trying to sign himself into a more powerful position in government.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
As I browse the forums daily, I see a never ending spew of armchair quarterbacks calling Iraq a mess....

A waste of US blood.... There's no reason for us there..... They weren't a threat to us..... We ****ed up their country.... No WMDs....

A continuous spew by folks who haven't been there, and base their entire mouthy opinion on what's filtered through mainstream media.

I know what I know, and the stories I've heard belong to the men and women who have been there and know what they saw. For now we will bury the heroes who have fallen and honor them knowing some time soon, the media's attention will shift..

Then we'll have to listen to the BS and misinformation from those who weren't there and/or couldn't be bothered to serve.
Jesus christ, did you just hoist a flag on the boner you got typing that?

Call it armchair BS all you like but you do the same on the other side of the fence. This country was in a decent financial situation not too long ago, with it's morale only being shaken by a presidetial hummer. Now it's leaders have fvcked up by wasting our resources on complete bullshlt. All the while there are plenty of avenues which would be better pursued, many with a direct correlation to bettering our nation....both internationally and domestically. Only a tool like you would find fault with criticizing them on that. But all you are is a cheerleader.

But please......what are these wonderful tales you've been told? Iraq was knocking at someone's door, poised to attack? Late one night one of your soldier buddys had a dream about liberating the oppressed peoples of the world to show them the true light of democracy? And after this they felt a call to arms to pursue these goals and not one of DIRECT interest to our safety? Hardly.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

Your right, I didn't work in DE for 6 months next to Dover A.F. Base and meet probably around 30 people that were stationed there that I got to know playing hockey with, and every one of them saying it was f@cked there.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Your right, I didn't work in DE for 6 months next to Dover A.F. Base and meet probably around 30 people that were stationed there that I got to know playing hockey with, and every one of them saying it was f@cked there.
Interesting.

N8, who is telling you the stories? No doubt they are brave and honorable people, but what exactly are they telling you?