Quantcast

Kerry's Speech Tonight at Brown

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I got about halfway through. His speech writers made some good points but damn , could they please do it with less words for once :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
syadasti said:
Its written for the well educated audience at Brown, not the average citizen ;)
having graduated from there, i can assure you that there are some 40W bulbs in the midst....kinda like when GWB was @ yale.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
narlus said:
having graduated from there, i can assure you that there are some 40W bulbs in the midst....kinda like when GWB was @ yale.
Yes there are in every population. Universities value population diversity. These days they seem to value it over anything else :blah:

Besides that, how many of those people at Brown would be attending this instead of partying, etc...?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
do you not frequently remind us of the nearly eutopian non violent area that you live in?

did it ever occur to you that it might be because of a MONOlithic culture?

ask the peeps in bosnia how well diveristy worked out for them

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
ridetoofast said:
do you not frequently remind us of the nearly eutopian non violent area that you live in?
OK RTF, before we get into this, because it's worth a go, do you mean Australia or Japan?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
ridetoofast said:
i was referring to japan and the times you've mentioned the un-necessity (did i just make up a word) of firearms and what not do to the lack of violence
I'll keep refining the points of reference here RTF because I think you don't have the faintest clue what is happening in Japanese society. I will agree that one of the better points of Japanese society is the relative lack of violence and that this has come about partly because of the inaccesability of guns. Do you even know why this has come about?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
ridetoofast said:
aside from the accessibilty issue do you really think that the fact that the culture is monolithic, relatively speaking, has nothing to do with it?
the lack of violence that is.
RTF, by any analysis Japan was historically a violent society up until the 1945 surrender. The American occupation of Japan did many things and a lot of those things were good. The rich and peaceful society you see today was in many ways a result of how well Japan was administered after the war. But don't kid yourself. MaCarthur cut their balls off and made sure Japan will never threaten the West again. Part of that was to ensure that the populace didn't have access to weapons.

Be sure. The Americans didn't hand back this country until they were very sure that the Japanese were going to toe the line and believe me the Japanese love to toe the line. The Americans did such a good job that the same political party has controlled the country for 50 years. The Japan you see today is not so much a result of a monolithic culture but of a carefully controlled display of power. They have been able to set the agenda without any real opposition to their power so firmly entrenched was their mandate.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
RTF is scared ****less of Niggers and Beaners.

RTF, the fact is that most violence in the US is intra-culture - i.e. black on black, white on white and so on. It actually goes beyond this, most violence is between people who know each other, especially the really serious kinds. How does multiculturalism have anything to do with this?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
ridetoofast said:
hey thanks for telling me how things go wayyy over here since you have such a good perspective of it from wayyy over there :rolleyes:
Perspective has nothing to do with it. I'm right. Your assertion that multiculturalism is a major cause of violence in the US is bull****. Like I said most violence is intra-cultural group.