Quantcast

Kevin Robinson world record photos.

xopus

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Shots from Kevin Robinson's successful world record attempt tonight in Central Park, nyc. He set the new bike air record at 27'.

the ramp. 27' quarter pipe. (the roll in was 60' tall)

warming up.

spectators

going big (not sure which shot was the actual record. he was going pretty huge on each attempt)

the man

Last edited:

mangler

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
winston salem
i dont know, i still think hoffmans was more badd assed. he was being towed by a motorcycle on pieces of plywood on the ground!!

this is his og one of 20 feet, like 10 years ago.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i dont know, i still think hoffmans was more badd assed. he was being towed by a motorcycle on pieces of plywood on the ground!!

Yeah, that is exactly what it reminded me of. I still think it's awesome, though.

It sucks that vert isn't as popular as it used to be. I think it's one of the best forms of bmx to watch. And it seems like so much fun to do, but scary as hell. I get scared just getting up near the coping on the mega half pipe at woodward.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
jesus. i also thought of matt hoffman immediately -- dates us a bit.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

Damn I almost went to that Bicycle Stunts (BS) contest in OKC in 1993 when Mat demo'd that massive quarter. I did go in 1994 and 1995 though. Still have my raw VHS footage from both.

Didn't Mat end up doing 26 feet ?

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Who's this Hoffman you speak of?

Eddie Fiola forever...
Eddie Fiola was great for sure, but Mat Hoffman is on a whole different level. Plus, Mat is a waaaay nicer guy.

And if you take that picture of Mat where he crashed, he is higher than Kevin Robinson by 3 feet at least. Mat also pulled one of those airs that day. Mat holds the record in my book. K-Rob was judged by the top of his helmet and Mat was judged by lowest point on the bike. That's at least 3 feet difference. Hoffman for the win.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
there's an EXPN clip about it on thecomeupbmx.net and kevin robinson is explaining how he custom made a bike for the monster quarter.... raked out head angle, plus longer back end.... interesting.

kinda sounds like an original Hoffman CONDOR eh !!!?? (except Condors werent as long in the front)