Quantcast

Keyboard heys that never get used

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The WINDOWS keys get 86'ed on every PC I have to use for any period of time.

And NumLock? Who the hell uses that?!

Don't get me started on the pause_break key. :plthumbsdown:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I use the Pause/break key all the time, it's an interrupt request for Cisco routers.

...what? :nerd:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I use pause/break to break the compile process for some software I use. It takes 20 minutes to compile and if I see an error I want to jump out asap.

Scroll Lock is another story.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
every time i log off, numlock turns off, so i have to turn it on all the time. also i use the windows kew+E to open up windows explorer

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I try to avoid using the period key if I don't use it often it will last longer I think PSP used to do the same thing maybe he was onto something oh well I guess I can always get another keyboard if it wears out I guess I'll find out eventually

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
I have a pet rat and on occasion she plays on my desk....well it never fails that she walks on my laptop and runs across the keyboard as many times as possible before I can get her off. Some times she is having so much fun, it scares the pee out of her.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I have a pet rat and on occasion she plays on my desk....well it never fails that she walks on my laptop and runs across the keyboard as many times as possible before I can get her off. Some times she is having so much fun, it scares the pee out of her.
I wonder how your keyboard still works.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The only F-keys I use are F8 and F4+alt.
I don't use page up/page down, insert, num lock, caps lock, pause/break, scroll lock, the whole number buttons on the right. What does sysRq do? I only use that for print screen.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
F2 for me is capture screen when using photoshop
and I use F11 in some windows to full screen them...
Try pressing F11 right now, it's pretty neat.