Quantcast

Keyesville DH

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hey, I was wondering if anybody has been to this thing before and knows what the course is like (Sea Otter- :stosh: , or Mammoth- :love:- I wish)
Are many of you guys going? I don't think there will be too many of us Nor Calians in attendance.
Also it claims to be the opening race of the CA State Series but it's not listed on the Team Big Bear website. anybody know the deal?

If you don't know what i'm talking about and your interested check it out at www.keyesville.com

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
I am going, but I have not been there before...

Edit: ps. Team Big Bear's Website is a joke. You should know that by now, plus click on any details link about a race (its blank as of 7:40pm).

I did see Keyeville as #1 Cal State Race on TBB website previously, fyi...

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I've raced there a couple of times but it has been a while. The last time was when Jake died, RIP. They changed the course that year but changed it back after eh crashed.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
It was a long time ago and I'm not sure what version of the course they might be runnig. The new course that we practiced was really just a new upper section that I only rode a couple of times so I don't remember it very well. The rest of the course started with some fairly steep single track switch backs that opened up to some double track that was flat, lots of hard pedaling in that section. After that was a fairly nasty rock garden that a lot of people had problems with. The bottom part was kind of rolling double track. I really liked racinig that course because it was a little different than what I was used to, mostly Big Bear. If you're looking for some beautiful scenery and don't mind a little drive I reccomend it.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I just remembered that I got snowed on during practice there one year. It was a little cold but a lot of damn fun. ;)

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
MrWolf said:
Anyone got any suggestions on where to stay up there??

The last time I was up there in '99 there wasn't much to choose from. There are a couple of places in Lake Isabella not too far down the road but they were pretty bad. You might wan't to consider camping which you can do right there on site if I remember correctly.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
for those of you who have been there before? is it worth it to drive out there if its gonna be raining for the race? there is no shuttle, so hiking in the mud doesnt seem too appealing

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
does that resturaunt in lake isabella still serve the all you can eat pasta race weekend it s the place with like a 100 different types of milkshakes.. i remember that joint from years ago. when they used the snake pit and had that nice jump down the hill before pedalling through the sand down to the river..