Quantcast

keystone area?

Fat Head

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
dfw, tx
I'm going to be in the Keystone area in a few week and was wondering what kind of riding there is? and where the riding is? any directions or places would be good.

and if I should bring BMX or P1?

thanks

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fat Head said:
I'm going to be in the Keystone area in a few week and was wondering what kind of riding there is? and where the riding is? any directions or places would be good.

and if I should bring BMX or P1?

thanks
DH at Keystone resort. A$$loads of XC in Summit Co - lots that starts right a Keystone.

Drop by a local shop as soon as you get there and get a guide book.

-S.S.-

the wop

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
Colorado Springs
DH opens june 19 for keystone , but there is tons of xc . look for the peaks trail , off ski hill road . this brings you up to the base of breckenridge ski resort keep on the road past the lifts , the road twists and climbs for a quarter mile then flattens out , you'll see a lift through the woods and the trail head is shortly after that on the left .
it's a good ride if you don't mind climbing for a little ways , but there is like four or five miles of down hill after that , and the climb isn't bad at all . there is a free bus that will bring you up to peak 8 w/ bike rack . the ride ends up in frisco , all in all about 12-14 mile ride. there is also a free bus that will bring you back to breck w/ bike rack . I lived in breck for 5 years , be carefull you might get stuck there as I did , too much fun to be had !! enjoy your trip , talk to the guys at racers edge in breck or pete and matt at mountain sports outlet in silverthorn for some other fun trails .

Fat Head

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
dfw, tx
Curiouscaptian01 said:
I am heading out to keystone from July 17-24. Should be good times.
I'm going there at the exact same time. hmm. you wouldn't happen to be going there because of some diabetes clinic would you?