Quantcast

Keystone or Winterpark?

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
So it seems like Keystone has a better setup but I talked to a guy at Winterpark the other day and he said that Intrawest is bringing some folks down from Whistler and dumping some cash into the mtn bike park to make it "the US version of Whistler." With promises like that and a $99 season pass the place is looking a lot better. Did anyone go to opening weekend to either place?

Phil Winn

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
seriously.. WP has been saying that for nearly 3 years. it hasn't happened yet. $99 buck is a helluva deal but you get what you pay for.

keystone opening weekend was sweet.! everything is open.. including the new drop zone.

P"

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
Yea i would say Keystone because the opening day there was great. All the trails are in good shape and the drop zone is pretty sick.

EATYOURFACE

Chimp
Mar 30, 2005
fort collins, colorado
i showed up for winter park opening, because i dont know where to camp near keystone. anyways, they promised me all the trails would be open when i called, and they werent. not to mention there is only one dh trail which was only half open, and had xc riders climbing up it. f 'n retards. the FR stuff there throwing in at the bottom was an improvement, and you cant complain about $20 dollar day passes. If anyone could tell me a free place to camp near keystone id much rather go there. (wp does look like it will be improving)

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
SkaredShtles said:
Head up toward Montezuma. Camp wherever, as long as it's not on private land.
I'll second that... no shortage of openspace up that way.

Anyone riding Vail this weekend? I'll be out Saturday.

so vail is opening tomorrow? might have to take the extra 30 minutes of driving to get there.... They put in any new stuff? ...not that it really matters - the old stuff was pretty nice as well.

I was at wp last sunday and it wasn't in the greatest shape. The bottom half of the downhill trail was closed, but the swoopy single track was a good re-introduction to the big bike. I hit pretty much all the free ride stuff first try, and from what I hear its pretty tiny compared to the keystone stuff...

so the new question - vail or keystone? beyond the drop zone are there any new trails at keystone?