Quantcast

KHS Gravity Open - UCI - ProGrt #2 - Plattekill Bike Park, NY

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
A big congratulations to not only the racers but to Jeremiah, Lazlo and George U. These results look more like a national than an east coast race. Maybe because it was a national. Way to go Pro GRT!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
No doubt!!! 7 am was waaay too early for a greasy track.
I'm usually only drinking my first cup of beans at that time.
Agreed, we had to wake up before 5 am. Prob should have slept in another hour or two as we hopped off the course on the first run and waited until the end of practice before doing another. The moisture really helpd the course. It was mint.

Did anyone ride the course after the race. There were a ton of new lines that weren't run or practiced at all until the pro/elite race runs.

260 pics uploading now !!

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
so change practice time for the rain that came the night before? :confused:
No.....all I meant was it was too early period. But for me, the grease made it that much more difficult to deal with just out of bed. I must not be as skilled as you.

Thanks for trying to make an ass out of me. I really appreciate it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
No.....all I meant was it was too early period. But for me, the grease made it that much more difficult to deal with just out of bed. I must not be as skilled as you.

Thanks for trying to make an ass out of me. I really appreciate it.
no one said you had to be on course at 7am. it was completely different from 9am to 9:30.

and you are welcome. (im really just jealous that JB sponsors you :thumb: )

Last edited:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Anyone heading down from the Plattekill area to the US Open on Thurs or Fri?
I have something that is being delivered by UPS to the Roxbury Motel, that I need to get down to Diablo.

Willing to negotiate for the favor!

Cheers

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
A few pic's that I took Saturday during Jr/Pro practice, have more and will put them up. Just a point and shoot though, no fancy equipment here.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
We want to thank you and everyone who helped make the KHS Gravity Open at Plattekill Bike Park a complete success. The event that took place this past May 25th featured racers from across the globe. The participants included former World and National Champions, World Cup and International stars and were also in attendance. Plattekill Bike Park could not have achieved success without your support. The media coverage was outstanding to say the least. Exposure was generated by media coverage, direct emails, press releases, on site signage and announcements.

The race was inscribed as an UCI Category race, it was part of the Professional Gravity Tour or ProGrt for short. In addition it was the inaugural race of the Eastern States Cup Series which is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Race. USA Cycling also used the event as a Qualifier to the UCI Junior World Championships. The KHS Gravity Open is one of only three events inscribed by the UCI in the United States in 2010. We are very proud to offer UCI points to race World Cup Races, especially since the first American World Cup in years is scheduled later this summer just a few miles away.

A huge THANK YOU to all racers, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, workers, UCI, USAC and ProGrt officials. The assistance we received at Plattekill Bike Park contributed greatly to the events success. Our plans are to host this as an annual event and we look forward to an even bigger event next and subsequent years.

Below are just a few of the many web exposures that were generated by this event. I’m sure you’ll agree the event generated great exposure for all involved.

Click Here for Media Coverage.

Our next event will be a stop of the Gravity East Series on July 4th. If you are interested in assisting Plattekill Bike Park with this event, please do not hesitate to contact us. The Gravity East race at Plattekill is always one of the best attended USA Cycling events in the east.

Hope to see you here,
www.plattekill.com