Quantcast

Kidney stone and an open apology

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ask then to go in and get it... they use your natural opening to get the tools in to the work site.. maybe you are luck like me and have it lodged just outside your kidney which is the fartherest point to get to...

Oh.. then remember you have to get the stint pull out after 10 days or so.. that's a whole other bit if fun

:dead:
If it was that high he would have nailed with the ultrasound but as of the last CT it was right before the bladder which means that they use the peepee laser. He said the CT didn't reveal a lot of swelling so its possible that they may not even have to place a stint which would be fine by me.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If it was that high he would have nailed with the ultrasound but as of the last CT it was right before the bladder which means that they use the peepee laser. He said the CT didn't reveal a lot of swelling so its possible that they may not even have to place a stint which would be fine by me.
no stint is def that way to go.. that in of itself is 10 days of justified dread

Oct 9, 2006
Since its too low to get blasted with the sound machine, they stick a laser thingmaggigit up the 'ole peepee hole and zap that bad boy out of existence.
At least they wont have too far to go to get the laser in...:biggrin::biggrin:

passed one before...ouch on a whole other level.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have had two, first one I passed no problems when I was 16. Couldnt walk, fell over in horific pain time and time again until it was all over......Second I was Lucky, they were able to rail the bastige with the ultrasonic.....Still painfull, but much much better.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I wish you 1000 kidney stones.

If you ever had one, you would realize it has nothing to do with sandy vaginas. It is seriously the most painful thing that I have EVER had. I got the max amount of Pain meds from the hospital, and that just dulled the pain.

And I've been hurt a lot. and I have a high tolerance.

Kidney stones suck. big time

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I'm pretty sure I posted here about mine. It was the first time I took myself to the emergency room. First trip to the ER ever, actually. I was asked to pee in a cup. My pee was pretty much pure blood. I was kind of in shock after peeing in the cup and dribbled on the floor in the hospital. Girlfriend used the bathroom after me and saw the blood. I told her that it was my pee and she just about puked/ passed out.

Anywho, it sucked. I ended up passing 3 stones. The largest was about 5mm long and 2 - 3mm in diameter. It's in a ziploc bag in my toolbox.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Does beer count as water if it's not American beer?
There's water in it.

Plain water is boring. Mine needs to be dark and boozy...

lol lazer pee-pee - There's a custom title in there somewhere...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
If I have ever questioned your man/woman hood because of whining about a kidney stone, I humbly bet your forgiveness. HOLY FVCKING SH!T! I would rather have both my collarbones broken with a hammer than deal with that pain again.

I have a 5mm x 5mm x 6mm stone stuck just before my bladder. Right now it doesn't hurt but Saturday morning.... unbelievable. Never in my life did I think something could hurt like that.

At that size the doc says its unlikely to pass on its own so tomorrow I get it removed. Since its too low to get blasted with the sound machine, they stick a laser thingmaggigit up the 'ole peepee hole and zap that bad boy out of existence. According to the doc, with no complications I'll be good for riding on Wednesday.
My dad has had them before. I guess he got dehydrated too often according to his doctor. He threw up a lot from the pain. I couldn't even imagine.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I just got out of the hospital after having lacerated and bruised my right kidney. since they took a whole bunch of CT scans, I asked about the appearance of any stones. answer was negative thank god.

fwiw, having something foreign stuck up your pee hole is a frighteningly bad time. the first foley catheter that they gave me upon admission to the hospital for my little kidney booboo was the wrong type. by time they removed it and gave me a new one i had had a couple of shots of morphine, but it still hurt like nothing I have ever experienced...

getting old and fragile sucks.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I have pissed out one stone, it really effing hurt. But it was nothing compared to the Distal Head Biceps Tendon of my right arm tearing completely in half under load then the biceps muscle curling up into a ball and ending up behind my shoulder. I had no idea my voice could shriek in that high an octave or pain could be that crippling.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if we're judging dehydration by urine color.....i've been dehydrated for about 30 years.