Quantcast

Kidney stone and an open apology

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
If I have ever questioned your man/woman hood because of whining about a kidney stone, I humbly bet your forgiveness. HOLY FVCKING SH!T! I would rather have both my collarbones broken with a hammer than deal with that pain again.

I have a 5mm x 5mm x 6mm stone stuck just before my bladder. Right now it doesn't hurt but Saturday morning.... unbelievable. Never in my life did I think something could hurt like that.

At that size the doc says its unlikely to pass on its own so tomorrow I get it removed. Since its too low to get blasted with the sound machine, they stick a laser thingmaggigit up the 'ole peepee hole and zap that bad boy out of existence. According to the doc, with no complications I'll be good for riding on Wednesday.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Holy crap that sucks. I've had 2 - 1 in each kidney and each time was by far the worst pain of my life. It's been 6 years or so since it happened but every time my back hurts I get a little extra worried. Good luck getting it zapped...sounds painful. I hope they'll give you something good so you can relax.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
If I have ever questioned your man/woman hood because of whining about a kidney stone, I humbly bet your forgiveness. HOLY FVCKING SH!T! I would rather have both my collarbones broken with a hammer than deal with that pain again.

I have a 5mm x 5mm x 6mm stone stuck just before my bladder. Right now it doesn't hurt but Saturday morning.... unbelievable. Never in my life did I think something could hurt like that.

At that size the doc says its unlikely to pass on its own so tomorrow I get it removed. Since its too low to get blasted with the sound machine, they stick a laser thingmaggigit up the 'ole peepee hole and zap that bad boy out of existence. According to the doc, with no complications I'll be good for riding on Wednesday.
That sucks.

And oh dear god please tell me they're gonna knock you out for the procedure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh karma!!!

sorry I had to. Kidney stones are a bitch. Never had one, but witnessing the pain that friends w/ them have gone through is enough for me. I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Man I feel for you. I had one not as big so they gave me Flomax and told me it would pass on it's own. It did, but the pain was unbelievable.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not to derail the thread but what is the contributing factors to getting Kidney Stones?
Not being hydrated enough and/or diet.

kidney.niddk.nih.gov said:
Limit your coffee, tea, and cola to 1 or 2 cups a day because the caffeine may cause you to lose fluid too quickly.

Try to drink 12 full glasses of water every day.

Your doctor may ask you to eat more of some foods and to cut back on other foods. For example, if you have a uric acid stone, your doctor may ask you to eat less meat, because meat breaks down to make uric acid.

If you are prone to forming calcium oxalate stones, you may need to limit foods that are high in oxalate. These foods include rhubarb, beets, spinach, and chocolate.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
My cousin's husband had a couple and he was literally crying for his mom. They got divorced not long after that one - unsure if the two events are related.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Foreign objects in the pee-pee hole.......there's a rule #35 joke in there somewhere. :biggrin:

All joking aside, it's not the object in the hole that is the painful part, it's peeing afterwards. I was catheterized for my hernia surgery last summer, and thought they injected me with the clap when I woke up after the procedure. Give me a funnel and a block of pine and I could have given a woodburning clinic........

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I feel your pain brother. I had one when I was 17. The pain was so bad I threw up several times. It was about 5mm long and shaped like a kidney bean.

I've read that drinking vinegar every day can possibly dissolve or prevent stones, but I don't think that's a proven fact.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Prevention is based on what kind of the 4 types of stones you have:

Calcium stones
Uric acid stones
Struvite stones
Cystine stones

I had a Uric acid stone and my urologist put me on allopurinol. Also, I have to drink a lot of water over 3 liters per day.

Fresh squeezed lemonade also is great for preventing them from forming too.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kidney-stones/DS00282/DSECTION=8

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
Morphine got my thru my 1st and Vicodin got me thru my second. Apparently I have one more waiting in my kidney for me to give birth too... nothing to do but wait. Drink lots of fluids. My doc says they pretty much develop if you let yourself get too dehydrated too often...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So now its Wednesday instead of tomorrow..... one more day to walk around with a time bomb in my back.

I did ask if they could do it under a local anesthesia so I could watch, he looked at me with the face that obviously didn't get it and said "I don't think that would be a good idea."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
So now its Wednesday instead of tomorrow..... one more day to walk around with a time bomb in my back.

I did ask if they could do it under a local anesthesia so I could watch, he looked at me with the face that obviously didn't get it and said "I don't think that would be a good idea."
ask then to go in and get it... they use your natural opening to get the tools in to the work site.. maybe you are luck like me and have it lodged just outside your kidney which is the fartherest point to get to...

Oh.. then remember you have to get the stint pull out after 10 days or so.. that's a whole other bit if fun

:dead: