Quantcast

Kids bikes that don't suck

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Can anybody think of a decent 14" wheeled bike that can be used offroad? A non-monkey's daughter has just dumped her stabilizers and is loving cycling, but because of the ****ty geometry of most kiddy bikes she's gone otb twice already from just tapping the front brake. There are a lot of well-designed 16-inchers out there, can anybody point me towards a 14"?

Ta muchly

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i've dealt with the bike sizing problem extensively and believe it or not, i've found that huffy has the best geometry. i wasn't aware that there was even a 14" available as my son is in that in-between size between 12-16". he's got a killer 12" bike that he's been jumping/riding for over a year now but he's also got a haro nyquist 16" bike that is too big for him to jump. a friend donated a 16" huffy that fits him much better. if there is a 14" bike out there i'd love to let him try it out.

so unless she's super hardcore i wouldn't worry about bike shop brands...the usual department store bikes should suit her for the type of riding she'll be doing and it won't hurt the wallet so much when she grows out of it.

the new 16" huffy

the old (and soon to be immortalized) 12" huffy [customized with evil/bighit/hayes stickers :D

hope this info helps and i hope she rocks on!! :thumb:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I don't know that any bike company make a decent 14" bike. However, some major companies are making decent bikes for kids. I think his best bet would be to find a small BMX bike with 20" wheels...