Quantcast

Kids gear

OB1

Monkey
Who makes the teeniest tinyest knee/shin guards? This is prolly going to take someoone with experience trying to fit their own kids. I'm looking around the internet for kids gear. Most of it is for "normal sized" kids. And LBS's near me do not carry stuff small enough. But my 4yr old has decided he likes scaring the crap out of his mother. So I need to pad him up. He just rode his 16" bmx bike down a hill that 2 adult mtb riders went around. I'm half proud, and half feeling guilty for letting him do this. But it's all he wants to do every day. So the best thing I can do is wrap him up in 60lbs worth of safety gear.:D Any advice from dads who have been in my shoes?????

SCHANEWOLF

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
Fox has some peewee knee/shin guards in there mx line that would probly work. They have a full line of stuff thats extra small

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Have seen people fit wrist/elbow guards as knee/shins.

Other alternative will be skate knee pads with soccer shin guards.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I bought Thor Mx knee/shin pads for my boy when he just turned 4. He is still wearing them at 6. They were a bit long to go into MX boots when he was 4 but they were perfect for the bicycle. Now, they are a little short for the bicycle but perfect for MX.

I think I paid $10-15 at the local MX shop. The Fox peewee pads are pretty nice too.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Think about this... Some people have their 5 year olds racing motocross. I am sure they pad their little kids up. So go to a local motocross store and ask what they have.