Quantcast

kids learning the lesson. maximum parental pwnage.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My gut reaction is that those parents are assholes.

But it's hard to make an informed opinion without knowing if the kid had any kind of "criminal" past. If this was the first trouble he got into, the parents suck for making his first lesson be that tough (you'd think going through the arrest process would be enough), but if the kid has gotten into trouble before, I could see trying to set him straight by leaving him in prison.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Based on the info, he was a habitual offender. Sooner or later, he'd be in the same position... with or without the parents involvement.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
As per Chapelle, Liam was "keeping it real" when the other prisoner stepped to him....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My gut reaction is that those parents are assholes.

But it's hard to make an informed opinion without knowing if the kid had any kind of "criminal" past. If this was the first trouble he got into, the parents suck for making his first lesson be that tough (you'd think going through the arrest process would be enough), but if the kid has gotten into trouble before, I could see trying to set him straight by leaving him in prison.
Yup. Sad regardless!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
It’s definitely a sad situation for the parents. However, they thought that they were doing the right thing for their son—who had been arrested several times in the past. I’m sure his parents bailed him out every time he got in trouble, and finally they felt that he needed to learn a lesson.

A similar thing happened to a family who lived near my grandparents. Their son got involved with drugs, and ended up with a pretty big debt to some drug dealer. He went to his parents for money, and they said no. Up to this point, his parents were really trying to help him out with his problem, but he wouldn’t admit he had a problem, etc., etc., etc. To make a long story short, a few days later he was murdered.

His parents took it really hard. Considering is parents were/are very well off, and they could have easily given him the money, they simply didn't know...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
...snip...

His parents took it really hard. Considering is parents were/are very well off, and they could have easily given him the money, they simply didn't know...
For both sets of parents, trying to raise a child by teaching them there are consequences to anti-social behavior is a [very] tough job.

For both demised children - when you play with fire, chances are high that you're going to get burned.

Yes, it's a tragedy.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Its cute how none of you guys can come up with an original comment.
what is there to come up with? i agree with what the parents did. its just tragic it had to turn out that way. i know my parents would do the same thing if put in that situation. they told me if i get arrested on friday, my ass is in there until monday afternoon when they get off work. its terrible that the kid had to die, but then again, im sure if he hadnt stolen his parents car that never would have happened. i have no sympathy for the kid. i feel terrible for the parents. they didnt ask for him to die. they just knew he was going down the wrong path and wanted to teach him a lesson.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
As someone who has spent time (a VERY short time) in both Los Angeles and O.C county jails (Not my fault... long story... clerical error), unless the kid came up just short of murder, I would NEVER EVER leave my kid in jail. You think it's "Tough Love", or teaching them a lesson? Then try spending some time there. Let's see how loving you think that tough love really is.

Jail is a horrible, horrible place. Perfect for rapists, murderers and child molesters. It is NOT where you teach your teen kids a lesson. Unless you've been there you just don't know. I was only in county jail and I was isolated at my request, but I saw stuff that will scare the **** out of you. I don't care how tough you THINK you are, and I don't care how long you spent as a tough guy in the military. Jail is a ****ed up place. A place you NEVER want to be. Maybe it's a joke to some of you, and maybe some of you like lovebunny just don't understand what it's like. Sure those parents should have taught their kid better, but that does not negate or lessen the pain they will feel everyday for the rest of their lives. Sure, maybe the kid would have ended up dead or in prisin on his own accord anyway, but at the very least the parents wouldn;t have to blame themselves for it.

Sorry if I sound a bit upset but after spending time in jail I have a big sore spot about it. Any parent who has been there and would still send their kids there does not deserve to be a parent. We joke about alot of things here. Kids dying in jail should not be one of them.

And who here hasn't borrowed the care without permission at least once? Probably not many of us.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
most people here talk about 'teaching the kid a lesson'.
prison is a tough place and usually doesn't teach someone a lesson, it makes them bitter.

i have a younger brother who went to prison on the 3 strikes you're out rule. At a party caught with liquor underage = strike 1. Getting caught with pot = strike 3. Shoplifting = Strike 3. Strike 3 happened right when he turned 18 and because of this he had to go to prison for a couple of months.

No lesson was learned, he is just now extremely bitter and jaded.

I think there needs to be another solution for punishing kids who either take a car without permission or shoplift or whatever.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
but I also blame the parents, maybe it wouldnt have happened if the parents kept out a better eye on the kid.
that's ridiculous. parents raise there kids the best they can, but can't guard them 100% of the time.
my brother and i were raised by the same parents. i was a very good kid and my brother wasn't. had nothing to do with parenting. had more to do with some kids just get lost due to other things... learning disabilities, mental instabilities, etc...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
As someone who has spent time (a VERY short time) in both Los Angeles and O.C county jails (Not my fault... long story... clerical error), unless the kid came up just short of murder, I would NEVER EVER leave my kid in jail. You think it's "Tough Love", or teaching them a lesson? Then try spending some time there. Let's see how loving you think that tough love really is.

Jail is a horrible, horrible place. Perfect for rapists, murderers and child molesters. It is NOT where you teach your teen kids a lesson. Unless you've been there you just don't know. I was only in county jail and I was isolated at my request, but I saw stuff that will scare the **** out of you. I don't care how tough you THINK you are, and I don't care how long you spent as a tough guy in the military. Jail is a ****ed up place. A place you NEVER want to be. Maybe it's a joke to some of you, and maybe some of you like lovebunny just don't understand what it's like. Sure those parents should have taught their kid better, but that does not negate or lessen the pain they will feel everyday for the rest of their lives. Sure, maybe the kid would have ended up dead or in prisin on his own accord anyway, but at the very least the parents wouldn;t have to blame themselves for it.

Sorry if I sound a bit upset but after spending time in jail I have a big sore spot about it. Any parent who has been there and would still send their kids there does not deserve to be a parent. We joke about alot of things here. Kids dying in jail should not be one of them.

And who here hasn't borrowed the care without permission at least once? Probably not many of us.
:cheers: well said mate.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
From my experience and from what others I have known and know. Jail never teaches you anything good. Atleast without a big cost that most folks cannot afford.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Wasnt he killed in the back of a van on the way to prison? Why was a kid who stole his parents car on the same bus as killers? I dont really know anything about going to jail or the prison system, but shouldnt there be someone watching the prisoners to make sure they arent killing each other?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
The 25-year-old accused from Onehunga in Auckland made his second appearance in court on Wednesday afternoon and entered the courtroom wearing a T-shirt bearing the phrase "keep your eyes on the rising star of crime."
Oh man.