Quantcast

Kids these days...

gobs13

Chimp
May 14, 2007
I help maintain tabletop jumps at this small park, but the kids are walking or riding up the faces of the jumps. Im fixing the lips more than I have to. Should I just throw on the flat spot to keep them off or what?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
is it a public jump spot? if it is yours, then go ahead and throw out the flat area. i had the same issue with jumps i used to maintain, and kids are scared ****less once the table is gone, they won't even go near the doubles. if it is a community area, make sure there is another area for them to ride with smaller tables. another option is to give up working on the jumps they keep destroying. if you can ride doubles and there is a lot of other areas for you to ride, just leave the tables alone for awhile. the kids will start to see the damage they are causing and realize that is isn't much of a jump anymore. one thing is for sure, rebuilding the jumps to perfect condition just so they can roll over them is not going to solve any issues.

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
is it a public jump spot? if it is yours, then go ahead and throw out the flat area. i had the same issue with jumps i used to maintain, and kids are scared ****less once the table is gone, they won't even go near the doubles. if it is a community area, make sure there is another area for them to ride with smaller tables. another option is to give up working on the jumps they keep destroying. if you can ride doubles and there is a lot of other areas for you to ride, just leave the tables alone for awhile. the kids will start to see the damage they are causing and realize that is isn't much of a jump anymore. one thing is for sure, rebuilding the jumps to perfect condition just so they can roll over them is not going to solve any issues.
+1 FTW

what he said