Quantcast

Kidwoo's comprehensive, dated video collection of back in my day

Oct 27, 2023
In the days before camera phones.......
I'm not buying a corvette so here's my midlife crisis/reflection on dem dayz. I wanted to catalog in chronological order all the videos I'd made and a few people have asked me for one place to find them all. I initially bought a camera because I was lucky enough to keep riding with better and better people to film and thought I should catch some of it. It turned into a bit of a hobby with editing. I mostly just ended up making music videos with bike riding as the scenery. These videos are complete with current and former ridemonkey peeps, either in them or sharing cool places to ride that ended up in them. Honestly, this joint was good people networking before the concept was monetized and made weird. I'll always be grateful. Anyway, I think this is all of them.

Themes: Poking fun at racers and the east coast bike park scene (trumpore-driven), totem advocacy, on-location filming off location, me eating shit, homemade cable cams and helmet cams, an evolving timelapse habit, and lots of road trippin

The first several suck but could be funny to cringe at. They get infinitely more watchable the later you go.
>

Back in the day, I began filming bike rides, turning it into a hobby with editing. These videos, featuring ridemonkey members, evolved into music videos with biking as the backdrop. They capture road trips, timelapses, and playful jabs at racers. Early ones are cringeworthy, but they improve!

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Bot isn't wrong, some parts are cringeworthy.

I had forgotten about the video from your Shore visit, I gotta watch myself nearly die again on that.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
your dead sailor into the void at the woodlot in the oh canada one comes to mind :D

The first one in utah is awful. I had no idea what I was doing with a camera or editing yet
I was thinking the jumping from wet slippery wood to wood holding my bike in my hands was a dumb way to die. Good times. I think I heard that someone is rebuilding a bunch of that trail again.