Quantcast

Kill It Doug!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
This is for someone who has put it down to raise himself up to another level.

And all I can say is Kill it out west bro!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
On that note I got a call from Ricky Wiles a little while ago.
He pinned it and won the 45-49 expert DH out there today. He said his time would have won the 25-29 expert class also.
That's his second national win this year.

He told me the MtnX track looked incredible but while we talked the rain hit hard and they cancelled the MtnX for the day.

Besides Herndon, any other S.E. riders out there?

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
MAYBE an XC RACE --hairy legs only for me....
That still is supporting Mtn biking..

Armstrong is KING!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
HAARRRRR!!!
HARLEY Ferguson!!!! Way to go Harley...I mean...Doug.
Doug landed 57th in Semi-Pro. good deall...but he gets crap since he got beat by kalan

:nopity:

Well Snowmass was a rude awakening. After 3 days in the truck traveling, I was not ready for the speed required in the semi-pro class. I didn't step it up until it was too late. But I gathered the force under JP's tutiledge and I rocked a 17th place out of 36 semi-pros at Telluride the next weekend. Another couple of seconds and I would have had a top ten. But wow are west coast courses so different than back here.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks. Its very different out there. I raced at Telluride without armor and felt very comfortable and in control. However the biggest difference I noticed was that in the expert class I could have a so-so run and still be in there. But in the semi-pro class you have to have a perfect run and probably then its still not fast enough. Most of those guys are on the hot track to the pro ranks.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah... in two weeks of riding here's the list

4 flats (and I never flat, I even had a double flat in one hit at Telluride!)
1 rear derailluer
1 rear wheel
1 master link
5 tires
and the threads on my der. hanger..... Gone!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
GravityFreakTJ said:
profro...aka Sir Flatsalot.
Hey a big thanks goes out to TJ for letting me borrow his DH9. After I broke mine and Yeti is out and I'm way down on the list for 303s, TJ bailed me out. From now on I'm racing for TJ! :love:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
Thanks. Its very different out there. I raced at Telluride without armor and felt very comfortable and in control. However the biggest difference I noticed was that in the expert class I could have a so-so run and still be in there. But in the semi-pro class you have to have a perfect run and probably then its still not fast enough. Most of those guys are on the hot track to the pro ranks.
congrats on the trip bro...I'm green with envy. JP called me to tell me about it all but I was in the midst of feeding my offspring so I had to let him go...poor guy....no friends out there apparently... :sneaky:
5 Tires??? Did you let Chili near them before you headed out or something?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
5 Tires??? Did you let Chili near them before you headed out or something?
Nah, I ran two at Snowmass for three days and two new ones at Telluride. Plus another rear thrown in there for the week in between. They are still good tires, but not race tires.

I got to ride some incredible stuff.

I rode Keystone, which was a blast. It had long, long runs. From lift to lift they were about 15 mins.

Snowmass was so-so. It was different and quite a challenge, but NO tech like we are used to. It was short and super fast. The braking bumps were unlike any I've seen.

Telluride was full of steep freeridy stuff. Not quite my cup o tea, but it was steep and very technical.

Telluride's race course was the best I've raced. It was short, so you could pin it the entire way an not worry about saving anything. It was fast and super flowy. It only had one slight uphill that I pedaled. The World Cup drop was awesome. I'll try to get a picture of me hitting it, but it was a sweet drop onto the ski slope into a huge berm. the course also had a ton of off-camber sections that we suoer easy thanks to Wyatt and Maxxis for their new rubber compound. I got to try out some of the new stuff and its really good.

Then how about an hour long downhill? Alta Lake run was the best shuttle I've ever done. It was low risk, but high reward with berm after berm.... for an hour!

But you know what.... I'm ready for some humidity and mud. :cool: