Quantcast

Kill me now ... please

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Coworker: Hey, can you take care of this for me?
Me: Yeah, but I don't want to. Is it important?
Spawn of Satan, uh, I mean Coworker: Yeah, it is for a donor.
Me: Crap! :mumble:

I have to edit a recording of an opera performance. Argggh! Hurl! !@@#$%^! :mumble:

I am open minded about music. I like lots of different genres. Opera is not one of them.

Kill me now! :mumble:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
per the Grorge Costanza work tips;

4. Voice Mail Never answer your phone if you have voice mail. People don't call you just because they want to give you something for nothing - they call because they want YOU to do work for THEM. That's no way to live. Screen all your calls through voice mail. If somebody leaves a voice mail message for you and it sounds like impending work, respond during lunch hour when you know they're not there - it looks like you're hardworking and conscientious even though you're being a devious weasel.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DNA said:
Coworker: Hey, can you take care of this for me?
Me: Yeah, but I don't want to. Is it important?
Spawn of Satan, uh, I mean Coworker: Yeah, it is for a donor.
Me: Crap! :mumble:

I have to edit a recording of an opera performance. Argggh! Hurl! !@@#$%^! :mumble:

I am open minded about music. I like lots of different genres. Opera is not one of them.

Kill me now! :mumble:
You work at a studio or...?

There are worse jobs than editing opera. You could be engineering a Courtney Love record.... :looney:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Tenchiro said:
per the George Costanza work tips;
They already know that I won't answer my intercom. They brought the work to me.

H8R said:
You work at a studio or...?
No studio. I am just using Garage Band to edit all the talking and applause and break the recording up into tracks.

I am the general purpose creative person at a University. One of the offices that I support is Development (sneaky word for fundraising). I am mostly a graphic artist, but I do video editing/audio editing/database management/whatever as needed.

H8R said:
There are worse jobs than editing opera. You could be engineering a Courtney Love record.... :looney:
:eek:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i rarely answer my cell phone. unless it's for immediate buisness puposes. or someone who i know doesn't have anything to "impose" about.

if it's important, they'll leave a message.

favors are a two way street. i'll bust my butt to help a brother out. but not if it's because they won't help themselves.