Quantcast

Killington opens tomorrow!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
3+ ft this week. 12 runs open. not much but i'll take it since it's 3 wks early.

too bad i have to pick up my pass at sunday river...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
My buddy just called. Apparently you can pick up the ASC passes at any of the resorts now. :)

not sure what to do if you said to mail it, tho...

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i used to love skiing but its just getting too rich for my blood. 50 bones for a lift ticket at most hokey joints with it getting upwards fo 60 for KIL/MS/WC/ATT etc. i havent gone skiing since Jeep canceled their free Jeep days 2 years ago

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
will they be uploading in trucks? I've been there for 2 or 3 of Killingtons opening weekends and that's usually how it goes.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
killington got beat this year when it comes to being the first resort to open. wildcat opened up today and was the 3rd in north america to open. cant wait till i can get up there on tuesday!

edit: awww man! most places are only open for the weekends right now.:mumble: and i have school off on tuesday too!!

splat

Nam I am
Now this is one thing I really don't understand . Why is when the resort first opens in teh fall like right now they have limited runs and The place is packed people can't wait. BUT!!! come spring time , when the weather is really nice and all the trails are open , no body goes ! many places close in the spring , not because lack of snow , but lack of people.

That said , I have been to opening days before ! , I've also been to more last days. and I must say , the last day of a season a place is open is a Blast!! ( when most the employees skiied/boareded down the slope naked as a very last run of the season , very interesting ! :thumb: )