Quantcast

Killswitch Engage

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Love the band. Been listening to them for years. I liked the first singer better than the current one. I thought he could sing a little better when he wasnt screaming. Don't get me wrong though, the new singer is good too.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I like 'em. I have "Alive or Just Breathing" in the CD changer in fact.

Saw them last opening for Slayer. They were f'n great ... but the crowd wasn't diggin them. It was not a good match for the show IMO. It's just damn hard to put ANY band up before Slayer.

J

JRB

I most always over ride the kill switch on hand tools. Except for chainsaws. How hardcore can a band that wants a kill switch be???

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I like riding to Killswitch Engage. It's just enough to keep me going on climbs and fast enough to pump me up for the downhillin. I've also recently been introduced to Atreyu. they're pretty good.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
manhattanprjkt83 said:
not that core, they arent as metal as people make them out to be...:cool:
Yea, not hardcore by any stretch.
Good melodic metal bands are few and far between. killswitch is one of them.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I used to like Atreyu. Don’t go see Atreyu live. They suck live. It ruined them for me. Also they all wear make up. A bunch of scene wimps.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Total Heckler said:
I used to like Atreyu. Don’t go see Atreyu live. They suck live. It ruined them for me. Also they all wear make up. A bunch of scene wimps.
Aha...I saw Atreyu like 4 years ago at a local bar along with a bunch of highschool bands...sucked then, suck now.

As for Killswitch...I share the sentiment about the singer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Total Heckler said:
Atreyu played in my budy's basement a couple years ago, sounded bad for the first 30 seconds, then I couldn't hear anymore. When I went upstairs the grass was pulsating. The cops had fun trying to find the party that nite.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Nick said:
Yea, not hardcore by any stretch.
Good melodic metal bands are few and far between. killswitch is one of them.
I just think it's funny that alot of killswitch fans think they are the end all of metal/hardcore...

Dimmu Borger or Children of bodom there is some heavy stuff...

oh and in flames kills it too...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wannabeabonedoc said:
I like riding to Killswitch Engage. It's just enough to keep me going on climbs and fast enough to pump me up for the downhillin. I've also recently been introduced to Atreyu. they're pretty good.
Atreyu is good for what it's worth, they are the leading screamo metal core band right now...Lip Gloss in Black is one of my favorite songs to rage out to, they actually just dropped a new disc online, it's a bit mellow though...sorta watered down...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I just think it's funny that alot of killswitch fans think they are the end all of metal/hardcore...

Dimmu Borger or Children of Bodom there is some heavy stuff...

Now THIOSE are some great bands! Dimmu is definitely off the chain, but my latest favorite is Bodom...OMG what a fvckin guitar player!!!

In flames is incredible as well....I can't get enough.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you want some good old fashioned music that's more on the metal side, check out Municipal Waste. Those guys have killed it every time I've seen them.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
sirknight6 said:
Now THIOSE are some great bands! Dimmu is definitely off the chain, but my latest favorite is Bodom...OMG what a fvckin guitar player!!!

In flames is incredible as well....I can't get enough.
Killswitch gets boring after a while, and I found that Children of Bodom do as well. If you want to hear some amazing guitar players check out Unearth, specifically the song Zombie Autopilot. Around 1:20 comes an absolutely kickass solo that is my favorite guitar solo, probably ever.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jonKranked said:
if you want some good old fashioned music that's more on the metal side, check out Municipal Waste. Those guys have killed it every time I've seen them.
I know the drummer, really cool dude.....great drummer.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jonKranked said:
if you like them, check out Bizantine!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Speaking of Children of Bodom and Mastodon, they are on the Unholy Alliance tour with Slayer, Lamb of God and Thine Eyes Bleed. I am mentally debating whether or not it is worth taking a day off and driving a 125 miles to see it...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
manhattanprjkt83 said:

Dimmu Borger or Children of bodom there is some heavy stuff...

If you like Dimmu, check out Old Mans Child. Founded by Galder of Dimmu. Pretty good stuff. ( http://www.oldmanschild.tk/ )

I agree KSE gets boring as well. Bands like KSE, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God all rock in their own way, but they arent like Opeth or Mastodon that I can keep on my player forever and never get tired of listening to them.