Quantcast

Killswitch update

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just finished building/modifying my killswitch for the coming year 2011, forums dead, so i figured id share, and it does NOT come with plastic pedals or girls pants

23" killswitch
fox 831
Fresh RED fade to BLACK i9 wheels courtesy of the man with 2 first names, George Ryan
Saint brakes with 8 inch rotors
Saint cranks and shifter, 105 der
small block 8 tires
truvativ stem & sunline bars
SRS guide
5050XX pedals

Using it for dual slalom/indycross and dirt jumping

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Of course the build is sick.
But no girl pants, no care.

I got a chance to ride a Killswitch on our local PT. Sick bike.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That seat on that build makes no sense. You have I9 wheels and a worn out seat. Get a fresh seat and that thing will be tits!
Trust me, your not the first, nor the 10th. Get it all the time, when i break something, i replace it with something nice, to me a seat is just that, a seat, and since i dont sit on it, and its only use ends up being T-bogs, i just leave it, just about every bike i own has a ****ty old seat, or a free product toss seat, "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
if it aint broke, dont fix it
I don't think you should be allowed to use this to describe your bike building ;)

seriously, why not just pick some change out of the sofa and get a decent seat on ebay or from the back corner of a shop. I get what your saying but when you have a bike with a spec like that, and then i dirty ol'seat, it automatically makes the bike suck

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I don't think you should be allowed to use this to describe your bike building ;)

seriously, why not just pick some change out of the sofa and get a decent seat on ebay or from the back corner of a shop. I get what your saying but when you have a bike with a spec like that, and then i dirty ol'seat, it automatically makes the bike suck
we will see, any advice on a "cool" seat, i got these years ago, whats a good seat now-a-days

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so whats it like to land a big jump with the rear sus on that kinda frame?? compared to a hardtail dj/4x
bike
to land, its nice, its soft, but not buttery, its nothing like when you land a DH bike, you dont really feel it compress all that much, it just takes the edge off it.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
saw a dude at rays shredding on one of these. looked like it rode sooo nice
Surprised to hear that, i didnt love min in the park, it rides like a hardtail yes, and its incredibly fun, but when i took it to the skatepark, i felt it wasnt good there, i hate to sound like a 12 year old fanboi, but it went too big and popped alot more than i wanted it to, i think its home is on the DJs

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Florida is FLAT. Our best local area is a phosphate pit mine from the late 1800s. Santos is built around old mines as well. Most of the stuff I ride is set up for hardtails and bmx anyway.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
hey Demo, does your 23"tt Killswitch feel super long?

check this out.... i lined the bottom bracket of my 23"tt Killswitch up with my 22.5"tt Mob, and the Killswitch is 2.5" inches longer in the cockpit !

i checked the "front center" (bb to front axle) as well as the "reach" measurement that Transition uses...

this is with the crankbolts lined up against each other. you can see how much difference the seat tube angle makes. :

Better frame measurement
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193279

Last edited: