Quantcast

kilts, would u wear one?

would you wear a kilt?

• sure, w t f

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • if chicks ask if i am wearing anything under it... and i can pick them up... sure w t f

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • no f way

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • you on crack?

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
so, i just got a belated birthday gift.... a utilikilt (www.utilikilts.com). like what that anoying survivor guy wore when he actually had something on....

so i put it on this afternoon... dang, having the air flow around the boys is nice... :redX:

I am thinking this a serious post ride attire since it is way serious comfortable. now i know that a lot of folks dont have the self image to say f u all i will do as i please but i am curious about feedback... so here is a poll

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Are you seriously thinking of riding with one on? I think if you're just "tooling" around (hehe) it'd be fine, but there's no way i'm exposing my jewels to not only danger by a crash gone bad, but just exposing them in general in that way is just not proper trail ettiquette..... :(
*edit* oops i missed the "post" ride attire, uhm yah well never mind wear whatever you want....

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
it takes a real man to wear a man skirt. so well since im not a real man yet maybe i should try? hmmmmm i might have to order one now.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
No...and frankly, the thought of you trying to doll up like a schoolgirl is not a pleasant one.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There are only two reasons a grown man should wear a skirt.

A) You're Scottish, and it is a special occasion.
B) You're at a Star Trek convention.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I agree with the scottish comment, though....

I do own one my wife bought me a few years ago.... the main reason was to have something to put on after a ride so I could easily drop the nasty bike shorts and put on a fresh pair. Then the kilt comes off.

As I'm not scottish, (we'll there might be a little in there somewhere on my mom's side?), I wouldn't wear one for general attire.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Only for special occasions - I wore one in my buddy's wedding... and they are actually kinda heavy (real ones are all wool) and make your junk sweat like crazy.

I couldn't see wearing one otherwise... especially sober!

kranked5

Chimp
Oct 16, 2003
hellz yea i would wear a kilt. if i'm not mistaken certain Irish clans also wear them. I've looked into getting one with my family plaid, but they're really expensive to have made, like $400-$500 (for just the kilt)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
In a word...

No

In more than a word...

Hell no. :D

If you need something to cover up the man junk while changing after ride than bring a towel.

If you do get a SKIRT then you have to go commando to be a real man.

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
Sure, I'd wear one for the right occasion. If I were not of scottish decent, I wouldn't. But I am, so I would. I hear that lots of guys wear them at those highland games in the fall.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I already ahve one and it rocks! I got it on the sale rack at Utilikilts (they're close to where I live) and wear it quite a bit. It's perfect post ride wear and even fun to wear while shopping or something. Some people look at me funny (which they do anyway :D ) and some make comments, but I say "Screw 'em!" It's really comfortable and my wife loves it!

When I wore it to pick up my kids after I just got it, my daughter runs down the stairs and stops dead in her tracks when she sees me - slackjawed :eek: . It was so worth it! It's all abot embarassing the children! :evil:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
A kilt? Hell, I'll wear a regular skirt as long as it has a pocket for my wallet. Having the boys get their share of ventilation is sweet freedom.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
"WTF" has increasingly become my personal moto, along with such vaunted sayings as "If it feels good, do it". I would rock a Kilt no problem. I went to Boston College's Senior Ball this year and one kid was wearing a full formal Kilt outfit. Until I saw it, I thought that the brutha's in the Zoot-suits were the pimpinist. Gear of any sort that is purely based on function is cool.

PS- Braveheart is one of my favorite movies. If anyone questions your masculinity, cut if their head with a broad sword. Then they'll know your legit. Well their friends will anyway.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BarbaRosa said:
so, i just got a belated birthday gift.... a utilikilt (www.utilikilts.com). like what that anoying survivor guy wore when he actually had something on....

so i put it on this afternoon... dang, having the air flow around the boys is nice... :redX:

I am thinking this a serious post ride attire since it is way serious comfortable. now i know that a lot of folks dont have the self image to say f u all i will do as i please but i am curious about feedback... so here is a poll

oh man...I just thought of something for your next halloween costume...Groundskeeper Willie!

bikeguy100k said:
I already ahve one and it rocks! I got it on the sale rack at Utilikilts (they're close to where I live) and wear it quite a bit. It's perfect post ride wear and even fun to wear while shopping or something. Some people look at me funny (which they do anyway :D ) and some make comments, but I say "Screw 'em!" It's really comfortable and my wife loves it!

When I wore it to pick up my kids after I just got it, my daughter runs down the stairs and stops dead in her tracks when she sees me - slackjawed :eek: . It was so worth it! It's all abot embarassing the children! :evil:

HA HA HA... my six year old had a very odd look to her when I walked around the corner with it on... but then she said it was cool. my scot housemate has one and he has his family kilt as in the thing has been handed down a few generations. my ex wife did the usual for her which was 'a skirt! why are you wearing a skirt?!' and it just passive aggressive on my part proves to our daughter that my ex has no abillity to handle herself with compassion.

and you bet comando... that is the one of the points, let them air in the breeze, the other point is to be comfortable, and to exclaim my heritage just like the tattoo's that I have been researching and sketching up will do when i get them, also making people uncomfortable is a bit fun... push the limit a bit I say!

the only thing is, last night Berah (the housemate) and I were killing some beer and i started singing a bar of Alices restaurant... aka when the two of us go out or out and about in the kilts, people will think we are gay... so, we were cracking jokes about how we will make those folks squirm with thier insecurity of it all.... :evil:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Kilts rule!!!
as a scotsman i feel really proud to wear one. i dont actually own one but i have wore them on numerous occasions, i'd like to wear one a lot more often but there just not practical nowadays.
there just so damn comfortable!
no one will mess with a guy wearing kilt.

oh and when it comes to underwear.
go "true scotsman", nothing more natural than blown in the wind :D ;)