Quantcast

Kind of Slow to Catch On

A long time ago, I mean long, like thirty years or more, I bought two folding Allen wrench sets. One was supposed to cover the range of 1.5 to 6 mm, and the other 4 to 10. I have been carrying the small set in my pack while riding for five or six years.

Maybe this summer sometime, I figured out while trying to adjust some Hayes levers that the alleged 2 mm wrench was in fact 3/32".

Last week, I went to use the big set to adjust something and determined that the 6 mm was actually 1/4", so I went out and bought two new sets.

Thinking back, I can recall various times going back years where I haven't been able to find the right size on these two tools, and have wound up rooting in my loose wrenches for the right one.

I am going to go outside and count to make sure that there are actually four wheels on my van. :rolleyes:

J

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Feeling dumb? Don't worry, I got you fairly beat. I forgot my shoes today for my XC race. Fortunately some dude with feet my size heard me swearing at myself and loaned me his. I felt pretty damn stupid since I had already registered.

The Ito

J

JRB

mack said:
Well i failed the drivers permit test. Lets see who can top that!
No matter what anyone posts, I am sure you will come out with the award. :thumb:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Smelly said:
i've shown up to rides having forgotten my bike.
Winner!

I left my helmet at home when shuttling one day. Rode Knapps Castle in the rain anyway....I had a beanie for portection and we went slow. Ya, that was pretty dumb, but we'd made plans and I sure as hell didn't want to be left out of the fun.

The Ito

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I've got 20-30 allen wrenches in my tool box. In theory they're all metric, but I'm pretty sure there's a few sae ones in there as well. Where the hell did they come from? Do they breed or something? I sure as hell didn't buy them.....

J

JRB

T-Pirate said:
I've forgotten my helmet multiple times, as well as shoes. I actually lost one of my helmets recently.

Mack, driving test is one thing (I failed mine a couple times) but permit test? Thats ridiculous.
:stupid: big difference in not knowing how to drive and not knowing how to read. :stosh:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I ALWAYS make sure to bring my SHID.

S - Shoes
H - Helmet
ID - Identification if I'm racing

Haven't forgotten this stuff since I started checking for my SHID before I go riding. Sorry, no acronym though for remembering my bike.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
Well i failed the drivers permit test. Lets see who can top that!

On the permit test, I didn't miss any. On the drivers test, I didn't miss any. I think you have to TRY to fail those tests

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I took my front wheel off to get my Bullit into a Honda Civic, and showed up to ride with my front wheel leaning against the workbench in my garage.

Not my finest moment...

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
After a night ride my friend and I were loading our bikes on our racks (fork mount type, so you have to take off the front wheel), we finished up loading the bikes and we got in our cars. He went to pull out first, backed up a few feet and there was a terrible scraping noise from the car. That noise is something every biker dreads. Fortunately he didn't run over his wheel it was just stuck under the car and the skewer was bent... So I got out of my truck and helped him get it out. We laughed, I called him a dumbass.... then I went to my truck and noticed my front wheel leaning against my rear bumper....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ito said:
Feeling dumb? Don't worry, I got you fairly beat. I forgot my shoes today for my XC race. Fortunately some dude with feet my size heard me swearing at myself and loaned me his. I felt pretty damn stupid since I had already registered.

The Ito
I've done that before. Crashby took mercy on me since I was actually trying to get season points and let me use his shoes...