Quantcast

Kinda embarrasing but I gotta question about underwear...

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I'm a boxer guy but they tend to ride up undearneath my conservatively cut (read tight) uniform pants. I'd like to go Boxer briefs but the ones I bought end up riding up as well. Anyone know who makes boxer briefs that are like bike shorts in that they have that elastic down by the legs which prevent ride up? And preferabbly a brand that has a long inseam as I have long legs. Thanks and keep the ribbing to a minimal please or else negative feedback will be dispensed with extremem prejudice. :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
what's the uniform for? Have you tried going without underwear? I prefer comando for almost everything. Unless the pants were like super tight polyester blend, or you were doing tons of bending and lifting type stuff. comando might not be the best choice for things like that. but driving a bus, working in a library. comando might work in those situations.

ps this is not ribbing.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Lycra exercise shorts might work. They have no padding at all (unlike tri shorts that do have minimal padding). If I have a skirt for which I want the "seamless look," I'll wear thin lycra exercise shorts with a 5-6" inseam. Even without the tacky/sticky material that keeps bike shorts from riding up, for the most part these are usually long enough that they stay put.

Try Sports Authority or similar places. Yoga gear or aerobics shorts are what you're looking for. I know a guy who wears these under his uniform trousers, and it seems to work for him. :)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
laura said:
what's the uniform for? Have you tried going without underwear? I prefer comando for almost everything. Unless the pants were like super tight polyester blend, or you were doing tons of bending and lifting type stuff. comando might not be the best choice for things like that. but driving a bus, working in a library. comando might work in those situations.

ps this is not ribbing.
I think the combination of going commando and talking about "ribbing" automatically becomes comical...

Heh...ribbing...

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm a boxxer briefs guy. Hate tighty-whiteys, and boxxers ride up while on the motorbike.

I'm tallish, too, and say spend the money on Calvin Kleins. They fit good, and are very comfortable.

I'm not gonna post pics. Take my word for it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've ended up just having to try a bunch until I find ones that work. How tight they are or how much elastic they have at the bottom doesn't seem to matter in my case. I've tried a bunch, but the blue Pro-Active ones from Kohls fit me the best. Be aware, the blue ones are cut differently from the gray ones - the gray ones fit very differently.

They don't always have them, and I couldn't find a pic on their site. Maybe I got them just as they quit carrying them, not sure.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I can't stand having an elastic around the thigh...I think it actually makes it worse because if you have muscular legs it rides up, and the elastic won't let the leg go back down so you end up with parachute briefs. I like hanes comfortsofts. They're a "conservative" cut, but they also have fairly short legs so they don't ride up or bunch up, and there is a bit of an elastic at the leg, but it's unobstrusive. http://www.hanes.com/HanesCommerce/en-US/Products/Product+Detail.htm?CS_ProductID=13834&CS_Category=Men_Underwear_BoxerBriefs&CS_Catalog=HanesCatalog&CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=HanesCatalog;Men;Men_ByCategory;Men_Underwear;Men_Underwear_BoxerBriefs&CanBuy=True

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Jeezus, guys. Just buy some friggin' briefs. :rolleyes:

It's UNDERWEAR. It's sole purpose in life is to keep $hitstains off your pants. :rofl:

I thought that was what toilet paper was for.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Jeezus, guys. Just buy some friggin' briefs. :rolleyes:

It's UNDERWEAR. It's sole purpose in life is to keep $hitstains off your pants. :rofl:
no sh!t.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I tried some Jockey boxer briefs that are this breathable fabric, as I don't want cotton when hiking in the heat. I wore them the other day for the first time all day. They were awful. UnderArmor makes some kind of fitted drawers, but I can't spring that dough. I hate having unfortable junk.

Try silk boxers, or something of the sort with some sheen.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I gave up cotton......all poly-blend underwear now. If you have a Jockey outlet near you, they have a fantastic selection of exactly what you are looking for. I would also suggest Wal-Mart ---really. They have a brand(can't quite remember the name) that have a "pocket front" which accomodates your daddy parts in a manner that is, for all intensive purposes, like a gentle cradle. They are the poly-blend as well.......much thinner than lycra and provide a lot more ventilation than cotton.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Do you wear underwear?

If so - why?

Maybe it's time for a poll.
Reasons why I wear underwear:

So when I take my pants off I am not naked.

Keep all the proper bits in the proper place

Part of my chaffing prevention program.

I guess there is also the safety net in case I shart myself.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
narlus said:
for underwear? are you out of yr mind?
I have 3 or 4 pairs. They are without doubt the most comfy underwear I've ever worn. Worth every cent. They never ride up, and fit my atheletic ass perfectly. :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Greyhound said:
I gave up cotton......all poly-blend underwear now. If you have a Jockey outlet near you, they have a fantastic selection of exactly what you are looking for.
Yeah I like my jockeys too. Probably my second favourite. I just wish the legs were a little longer.

I can't believe there is a thread about this, and that I am posting in it. :oink: :oink:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I have tried a bunch, and the Jockey ones seam to work best for me... they have 2 or 3 different lengths and then 2 or 3 different fabrics to choose from. They are expensive but the fit for me is good. I also have tried one of Kohl's store brands called sonoma, and they also fit well.

I know it can get expensive to buy a stinkin pack of underwear just to find out if you like them or not, but since this is your "work wear" comfort is paramount.

good luck!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Gross. I bet kids can see his balls through the chainmale :rofl:
freudian slip?

and SS, briefs = low sperm count! altho since you popped out those kids while wearing 4" long lycra i guess you're in the clear.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wear Haynes, but there are a few different types, or so it seems. The ones I like best and wear for riding and other activities are ribbed (but not for her pleasure). They look sort of like cords and fit snug, but not tight. I also have some loose ones that are more like traditional boxers, only out of t-shirt material. Those are fine around the house, but I don't dare try to do anything in them.

I have some BVD's that aren't bad, but haynes are a little cheaper and work well for me.
I hate when my shorts ride up as well, so I can relate.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
Nah... it's not me.
I know. That guy doesnt have bright pink hair, an axe, or a bong attached to his face. Although the poofy shirt wouldnt be out of the question for you, Im sure:rofl:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
under armor spandex boxers. they are quite comfy, don't ride up, and keep the junk in one place.