Quantcast

Kinematrix (Beta) - Suspension Kinematics Optimisation Software

hmcleay

i-track suspension
Apr 28, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Hey Monkeys,

It's been a while since I was last here. Not sure if this is still the place to talk tech... I don't think I've ever ventured into the other forums on Ridemonkey.

Some of you might have seen some videos on YouTube where I've used my own software to automatically adjust suspension pivots, to achieve certain kinematics.
I've now made a web based version of that software, and called it Kinematrix.

I got it to about 90% complete sometime last year, then got very busy and I haven't had a chance to progress it further.
So I figure I should just let people start using it for free, warts and all, to assist with reporting problems and suggestions.
There isn't any documentation to guide you, but I did make an introduction video a while ago here.

I'm pretty time-poor these days, so don't expect the bug-fixes and feature suggestions to be incorporated straight away. But it'd be good to develop a lists of issues and features to address next time I've got some capacity.
I haven't done much testing with multiple users doing concurrent optimisation. I suspect the server will run out of 'workers' doing the number crunching, so it'll be interesting to find out whether that causes a problem.

If you're having trouble with a specific scenario, feel free to use the "report problem/suggestion" button to raise it. There's a checkbox there that you can click to let me view your model (only if you want to). If you are having a problem, but want to keep your model top-secret, then I suggest trying to replicate the issue on a different model.
If we get a few monkeys using this, then we can potentially the Q&A publicly within this thread.

Cheers,
Hugh.