Quantcast

Kinesis? Mountaincycle?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
So who is still there? Landon? Tony? John? Anyone who rides bikes? That would suck if they arnt able to release the slopestyle bike, new zen and finish the new hardtail. MC was finally coming out with good designs again and then they do this.
Jon quit a while ago. Rob, Landon, and Cedar were laid off. Just Tony and me, who ride.

The BB piece is the same as on the Sin, a lightened version of the 9.5 part.

There is just the one orange bike and I don't know if Jim Dellavalle is giving it back. I took that photo because ithought it would be the last time I saw it.

shorelocal

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
North Shore
Very interesting information regarding Mountain Cycle. I searched and found this thread after I heard from a local PDX retailer that Specialized had forced MC into bankruptcy over the "Stumptown" model name, saying it is too similar to the "Stumpjumper". Any truth to this story or is the demise of MC mainly due to poor manangement from the parent company, Kinesis?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
shorelocal said:
Very interesting information regarding Mountain Cycle. I searched and found this thread after I heard from a local PDX retailer that Specialized had forced MC into bankruptcy over the "Stumptown" model name, saying it is too similar to the "Stumpjumper". Any truth to this story or is the demise of MC mainly due to poor manangement from the parent company, Kinesis?
No.
Mountain cycle is still going.
No.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
TWISTED said:
No.
Mountain cycle is still going.
No.
Twisted, so as of now everything is still going strong?

Any updates on those battery frames? I am about to give up and put money on a bottlerocket...(dont want to)...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Twisted, so as of now everything is still going strong?

Any updates on those battery frames? I am about to give up and put money on a bottlerocket...(dont want to)...
Going strong? definitely not.
I think it was said long ago what was going on with the Battery, or as much I knew about it. The designer who got let go, took the drawings with him.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
TWISTED said:
Going strong? definitely not.
I think it was said long ago what was going on with the Battery, or as much I knew about it. The designer who got let go, took the drawings with him.
right right right...

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Guys - sorry to hear what's going on here. MC had the most awseome designs and were sooo far ahead of their time.

I'd just been emailing Cedar to try and get some FR dropouts to replace the DH ones on my OOOLLLLLD Shockwave. Still going strong after many, many years of hammering both here in NZ and in Europe. got one reply saying yes they were avaialble, replied saying 'thanks' then get an automated response saying all had turned to custard.

Thanks for the years of riding, and best of fortunes with whatever comes next

Sam

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
By the way....I talked to Jim Dellavalle at Diablo last week. He told me that MC found a buyer, is still alive and will be producing new bikes again.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the only thing important in this thread is that they will not be making the slopestyle bike pictured last year. Look for it to come out under another manufacturer's name.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
At least the Taiwanese company has a Horst bike...

In my first post I meant someone buying MC from Ideation. Meaning, the brand would return to prominence. At this point, it looks like it might be Wal-Marted.