Quantcast

king fisher question

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
what size the rear axel on a king fisher? a friend needs me to pick him up a hub and send it out of country and isnt sure

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
The King Fisher uses a 135mm OLD standard hub (9/10mm). The ones I have seen have been on Shimano hubs with QR.

Edit: Oh, just one thing. There is an aftermarket kit for the frame which allows you to run a 12mm axle. Make sure what's on it.

Last edited:

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
i hate to be "that guy," but there are a variety of ways to find that out besides posting a thread. for instance, calipers, tape measure, fishers website, a fisher dealer, google, etc.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
i hate to be "that guy," but there are a variety of ways to find that out besides posting a thread. for instance, calipers, tape measure, fishers website, a fisher dealer, google, etc.
Most of which are SOOOOOOOO much easier and less costly than posting something that does not say MOAR SHIMZ.

Seriously, if this was the response to every question, there would be no forum in the first place.

To the OP, the King Fisher was originally stocked with a Bontrager Big Earl hub that has a 135x10mm axle - at least the last one I saw was.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
i work at a shop, but we have no gary dealer, there are no other of these bikes in town, the trek dealer here is useless and the customer didnt bring in the frame. so after 20minutes of wasting time because everything was listed as it having a 20mm front axle and nothing else i posted on here, sorry